Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockerbie bomber

Lockerbie bomber

Should he go back to prison?

Is there more to it than meets the eye?

There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

'course he should. Scottish Parliament behaved disgracefully. Libya's celebrations on his release and now anniversary are disgusting-should never have been allowed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs View Post
    Should he go back to prison?

Is there more to it than meets the eye?

this is a real can of worms! If there was a political forum on Sd then I think it would belong there.
    Feelings run very high in this neck of the woods when Lockerbie and the plane crash is mentioned.
    Re-opening old wounds is not going to help anyone..

will you please advise us on how the the Scottish government behaved disgracefully...

It's a deal that's been cut to allow the oil companies (some U/K but with strong Scottish connections) access to the Libyan oilfields

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

Fair enough Griff.

I just thought we were all adult enough to discuss it.

If it is in bad taste and members want it removed then admin should step in.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

No! I don't want it removed. But as you can see we already have two contentious issues..

Back then I was an Police Officer with just over 10 years service. Those behind the carnage and deaths of those innocent people should have gone to jail for the rest of their lives, rotted in hell and more. Through investigation one person was convicted but it is obvious he was not alone. In planting this device with the sole intention of causing the death of all passengers on that flight he and his accomplices showed no consideration far less compassion. Convicted under the Law of Scotland this man was also subject to all the Law of Scotland has to offer including release on compassionate grounds. Kenny MacAskill did not make this particular piece of legislation but in his position he had to decide - did Megrahi's condition through his illness meet with the legislation/criteria concerning release on compassionate grounds, this despite the crime of which he was convicted. Unless Dr Andrew Fraser who advised MacAskill on Megrahi's condition is/was part of a conspiracy and was influenced by Westminster /BP or whoever I am off the opinion that Kenny MacAskill had no real choice. A year later hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Is there more than meets the eye? Certainly there are lots of indicators but no real evidence. I for one would have loved to have heard the basis for appeal.

Personally I am of the belief that the fact a person convicted of such an atrocious crime can ever be considered for release from their punishment despite a medical condition is in itself beyond belief. More so when considering the views and thoughts of the families of the victims. But that is the Law of Scotland and we certainly should not have to explain ourselves to the U.S.

I live 5 miles from Lockerbie, will it bring anyone back or give people who suffered the loss of loved ones any greater sense of peace?