Thread: Muntjacs in Northants

Muntjacs in Northants

Another good weekend. Me and the three professional guides I employ during the season, on a boys jolly weekend away. Three outings on 12000 acres. This is not the total for the three outings, there were also 3 Fallow Does as well. The Fallow Buck was taken as it had a deformed back leg, so the headkeeper wanted it taken out.

Happy Days

only just finish on the sika one then you throw this one into the equation
    malc you look like you hav some superb stalking ground , from what i hav read and heard so far you deserve it
    best of luck
    and keep the pics and stories coming

hope you dont mind me refreshing this post malc ,found it by mistake and as it is an estate i shoot at alot mostly for fallow these days. hope other sd members who haven't seen it can apprieciate we have a few decent munty in nothamptonshire ,is that you on the end ...r/h ?

Yep thats me the good looking one I have not stalked the estate for some years, and some of the best weekends on Munties have been on the estate, especially with Nashy

Took a nice gold medal on the estate some years ago, and I have some very fond memories of the place.

Nice picture but i have studied it and cannot for the life of me see a good looking one.

saw david on sunday, my mate and i took him a limited addition print of two fallow for the many hours spent on the chase he dont change unlike the estate which like many others is fast becoming a public playground alas !
    Last edited by norma 308; 01-06-2012 at 18:24.

Hmm never really been the same since Roy left, and shortly after the forestry side of the business wanted the Munties flattened. Last time I went on there was about 6 - 7 years ago and hardly a Munty to be seen.

I could tell you a few pranks a chapI knew played on Dave, especially the dinosaur at the end of his drive !