Another enjoyable stalk ending with a fine roe buck

I met Wayne at his house at 04.45 & put my kit into his new truck :drool: we put Max in the
back & set off for some roe ground Wayne had.We got to the ground & parked up on the edge of a corn field,Wayne had already spotted 3 animals near a wood the other side of a small valley,but it was a doe & twins.We stalked down to a track at the top of the valley & started going along it when Wayne spotted a buck in the valley,I climbed over a wire fence to get into a sitting position & put the sticks up & with me in position Wayne started calling with the buttalo,the buck started to come straight away,this was the first time i'd seen a buttalo used & was amazed how affective they were,the buck went into a dip out of sight for a few minutes & with Wayne calling he eventually came out the dip,I tried to adjust my position & he paused,turned & ran a short distance,we quickly got into a better position & Wayne set the sticks up & started calling again the buck stood broadside & off went the safety & bang,he dropped on the spot, we waited for a while I shook Waynes hand & we made our way down the valley letting Max find him,Max worked all the way down the valley until he came to the buck & I think he was as much over the moon as I was :lol:,he was a cracking buck thanks again Wayne & not forgetting Max

Andy

Hi Andy

A pleasure as always. Bit of a wet morning but it didnt seen to worry the deer :D

DSC00987.jpg

Wayne

Hi FT
How you doing I hope your well

Wayne

Wayne, thanks mate i'm doing really well! Both stents are now fitted and my heart is working well. I am just supposed to lose another 3 stone (already done 3), which is a bugger. I can control the dogs weight much easier than i can mine ;) I can walk much father now, it's just working up to it. Hopefully I will have a fallow or two to drag this winter and it will be much easier.

Let me know when you and John get together for the rut (that didn't come out like i meant!) and i will come over and buy you both a pint or two.

ft

Glad to here it mate,
I find it easier to control the dogs weight as well, funny that, mind the buggers that clever it will only a matter of time til he can open the fridge:lol:

Be in touch soon

Wayne

Wayne, thanks mate i'm doing really well! Both stents are now fitted and my heart is working well. I am just supposed to lose another 3 stone (already done 3), which is a bugger. I can control the dogs weight much easier than i can mine ;) I can walk much father now, it's just working up to it. Hopefully I will have a fallow or two to drag this winter and it will be much easier.

Let me know when you and John get together for the rut (that didn't come out like i meant!) and i will come over and buy you both a pint or two.

ft

Back