Kydex knife sheath kits?

flytie

Dear all, Has anyone used a Kydex sheath kit?

I have three favourite knives, only one of which has a really good sheath (Spyderco Bill Moran which has a kydex sheath) the other two, an EKA swingblade and a Morakniv 2000, the sheaths are not really very well designed or made. As I want a dishwasher proof sheath I think Kydex might just be the answer (?), but I have no experience of using it.

So any help will be gratefully recieved!!

Thanks in advance,
ft

Hi Flytie

I wouldnt bother to try and do it yourself. Go on this forum and do a search for my mate Duncan....AkA.................FGYT..................give him a PM or give him a shout or put a general shout out on the forum and one of the guys will respond. Tell em what you want and im sure one of them will make you a Kydex sheath for peanuts or do a trade for a bit of bambi meat or something, bloody great lads on there and will make you an amazing sheath. Just say Pete...AKA ..izafireman said to give em a shout.Oh and discuss your need first as they can put a fire steel etc on the sheath etc, and can do neck sheath,belt sheath or cross draw sheath..etc
Your correct about kydex being a good choice, although it isnt as pretty as a leather sheath , in many respects it is better as it wont 'sweat' like a leather sheath and 'attack' a high carbon blade, nor will it rot etc.....you can even get some wicked colours so you wont ever lose you knive.

Cheers

Pete

http://www.ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/index.php

Last edited:
Back