Variation Through

Dekit

Yippie :D at last my variation is here... Sold some shares last night online so has soon has the dosh is in the bank NEW rifle :D Thinking of getting a TIKKA T3 Varmint .243 Stainless any comments from more experienced stalkers would be much appreciated.

Steve......................

Get a sporting barrel, T3 Lite, I had a heavy barrel Tikka, as much as I liked the rifle, I would 99% grab the T3 Lite .243 and go with that.

Wouldn't go for a heavy barrel now unless I got into paper target shooting, which, as long as there is Deer on this island, I can't see me ever getting into.

TJ

PS, Stainless barrel would also be my recommendation.

I'll second that (T3 lite stainless)
Varmint is almost 2lb more weight, does not seem much but try luggin it around for a few hours.

Uncle Buck :D

Hi Dekit,
It's all about individual preference. I have the t3 varmint in .243 and love it. Shoots sub 1/2 groups with home loaded ammo. Yes it is heavier but i dont find that a problem as it's nicely balanced and sits well on sticks. I would strongly suggest that you try and find someone that has the rifle your looking at and ask them if you could try a few shoots.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Jason

Guys, was going to order a T3 Varmint .243 but told wouldnt be able to get it till END of the year ( DEC ) so i opted for the T3 Lite Stainless .243 will be picking it up end of September. I should add it is a LEFTY ( i know am cack handed ) thats why the long wait which i did not want, i putting a Zeiss on top and a Wildcat Mod on the front.

Will l let you know how it performs when i get it. Thanks for your advice guys.........

Steve..................

I am waiting for the screams about your choice of Moderator :rolleyes: seems there are those who don't like/rate the Wildcats. I when through it when i got mine AND I asked questions first. I find that modes do spoil the balance and use mine when needed not every time out.

I tryed the Rifle they had in the shop to see how it fit ( they only had right hand ) and to see how the balance was, it had the Wildcat on that seemed ok to me. I will be using sticks and bi-pod so shouldnt be to much of an assle.............

Steve..................

We await the photos eagerly and may I wish you the best of luck with you new purchase. There is fun to be had wringing out a new acquired rifle :D something I never tire of ;).

I'm so glad you went for the sporter profile barrel! Unless you're range shooting there's just no need to go for the heavy barrel! My old T3 Laminate Stainless would put bullet on bullet at 100 yards with home loads doing 3 shot groups. Many will say how about a five but I have to be honest I never tried. How often do you let off more than three rounds at Deer? Even if you do you don't need 1/4 MOA accuracy anyway!

Back