just a few line to give a bit of advice that my save your dog if bitten by an adder .
a few days ago a good friend of mines spaniel got bit on the face buy an adder, the dogs face swole up like a football and the dog started to go down hill fast and pass out by luck and he was not far from the car and luckeley a vets was close by. the vet treated the dog who is now on the road to recovery.
the vet told my friend to keep with him some form of allergy tablet like "piriton" and in the event of you or the dog getting bitten crush the tablet and take immedatly the talet will slow down the snake bite symptoms and reduce the chance of anaphylactic shock . YOU WILL STILL NEED TO BE TREATED FOR THE ADDRER BITE the tablet just slows down the bits symptoms and gives you a bit more time
due to the raised number of adders i have seen so far this year i now keep a tablet gaffa tapped to the dogs collars and a couple in my pocket when out walking....neil