Warble Fly

Yes, if your thinking of warbles in deer??? as they are a different type of warble as the one that affect cattle....

Nell

Last edited:
Warble fly used to be a major problem here in Devon, but due to the eradication programme I haven't heard of a case for years. I guess DEFRA would be interested to know if warble was found in deer but apart from keeping an eye on the cattle in the area there wouldn't be much they could do.

I better remember to contact the divisional veteranary office ,every time i skin a hind there moving with warbles .

I'd be on the phone all the time .mmmmmmmmmmm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:doh:

I better remember to contact the divisional veteranary office ,every time i skin a hind there moving with warbles .

I'd be on the phone all the time .mmmmmmmmmmm zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:doh:

hope your on free calls with BT mate :lol:

warble is very common in red deer, it is believed to infect roe very very rarely [ I have never seen it in roe] don't know about other species, it is not the same warble as infects cattle.

From christmas till march april is the worest time will get warble on red deer do you no harm but the site when your skining them turns your guts in side out like wichety grubs from aus

Back