membership: BDS or BASC?

andibrains

Which is better to join the BDS or the BASC? Opinions gratefully recieved before i spend my hard earned cash.

Countryside alliance has done more for country sports than anybody else.
A Friend of mine was in the NGO while on the shoot he run the farm dog over.Vet bill was £1,500 he had to claim off his car insurance.
The NGO said he was not covered. Have a good look at policy's before you buy.
I spoke to BASC about this claim, They would have had no problem in paying the vet bills.
I hope you never have to make a claim.
But be covered just in-case.

Miffy

Which is better to join the BDS or the BASC? Opinions gratefully recieved before i spend my hard earned cash.
Better for what?. Both offer insurance included in membership subscriptions and are similar in cover.
BDS is purely deer ralated and as this is a stalking forum I assume you are a "deer man". BASC represents all shooting sports and is something quite different. BDS magazine high quality and interesting, BASC 90% not.
BDS for me.
S.

Better for what?. Both offer insurance included in membership subscriptions and are similar in cover.
BDS is purely deer ralated and as this is a stalking forum I assume you are a "deer man". BASC represents all shooting sports and is something quite different. BDS magazine high quality and interesting, BASC 90% not.
BDS for me.
S.

BDS no longer have insurance included in membership, think its an additional £21 now the good thing about it is that it gives you limited cover for taking out clients but only earning up to £2,500 per annum from stalking I think it is OK if you just let a few days.

I was a member of both for many years but because of devious and dirty tricks by certain prominent Northern BDS members I am only in BASC now.[It was WAGBI when I joined.]

HWH.

I would go with basc!

WHen i lived in england i always moaned about basc! but since living in canada i realise how much they actually did to help us shooters!
they represent us in political issues and fight for our rites!
I will rejoin as soon as i return to england.
I wish all the shooting organisations in the uk amalgamated giving more strengh to the organisation!

Back