Just had the call.. My Tawny Owl is finished

Robbo25

Hi All,

Not the usual Roe or Sika pictues I add.

But I thought a few of you may like to see the young Tawny Owl thats just been finished for me by Carl Church http://www.birdtaxidermy.co.uk/

Poor thing flew into my window late last year and I went back for it finding it in a ditch in prestine order.

Hope you like it.. I'm looking forward to putting it in the dinning room.

Robbo 25

Attachments

• 003 080.jpg
    003 080.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 003 082.jpg
    003 082.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 003 083.jpg
    003 083.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 83
I like that John, very nice, but I don't think my missus would let me put it anywhere near where she was eating :)

John

Hi JayB and Rangemater... Thanks for the comments.

The Mrs doesnt have a choice on the owl going in the Dinning room.. I keep telling her I ware the trousers in the house.. but she does protest and rebel from time to time :cool:.

The cost! Normaly on a standard base around £220 but I went for an oak case so it was £310 all in.

Alot of money but the amount of work, time and effort into preparing and stuffing a small bird and then arranging it within a scence is alot of effort. The case I hope will keep it nice, dust free and present it well.

Should be an interesting talking point with a few friends and colleagues I have who find the few deer heads I have off putting enough let alone a tawny looking over them at the dinner table. :lol:

I've done enough in the house with Taxidermy now.. the odd piece is nice and a talking point.. to much well it's down to personal taste and opinion.

P.S JayB. It's Darren not John..

All the best

Robbo25

LOL,

JayB.. John it is then :banghead:

Tony,

Sent you a PM for catch up earlier today.

P.S I picked up the bird on Monday night.. Wow it's amazing work and looked wrong in the dinning room.

It's now on a table in the lounge and fit's in really well.

Cheers

Robbo25

Back