blood trays

steviemaysa

homebase down as plaster mixing bowls, realy good £14.99 beats £75 at bushwear thort i would let you chaps in on a bargin.

i have both and they are sturdy strong bits of kit.
i use em for storage of parts rather than deer.

they are cheap but substantial which i dont see all to regularly

hope you all get a bargain, i hate rip off merchants lol

frank

I like the look of the 800x600x235 trays (prod ref 21090/ES210905) But they're not priced online and the phone don't answer :(
I'll try them again on Monday morning.

hi,

following on from an earlier request regarding trays i would like to let everyone know about this site.
i dont think you can/will get cheaper direct gear.
i hope that you all get a bargain lads

f.

standard disclaimer, no affiliation

Clearance Stock - Plastic boxes, plastic containers and plastic trays

Following on from f's post, and for those of us down South, I have used the company below a number of times. They also have a clearance section:

http://www.plastor.co.uk/contents/pages/pages_plastor/index.html?http%3A//www.plastor.co.uk/contents/pages/pages_plastor/index.html

willie_gunn

+1 for the wildwoods tray. They really are the genuine article.

Muir,

A blood tray allows you to transport a gralloched carcass without it lying in its own blood. Take a look at the wildwood supplies site and you will see their tray incorporates deep gullies in its base where the blood will collect. The other advantage of these gullies is that they, of course, appear as ridges on the underside of the tray thus making them easier to drag. Flat bottomed trays (commonly plasterers baths) have no ridges so the carcass will lie in its own blood - not nice, especially if you have a long drive back to the larder.

Last edited:
The wildwood trays seem to be a very expensive copy of the ones

I looked at the Wild wood carcass trays and like you guys I think they are a rip off.

A friend of mine has got one and I think they are a poor copy of these ones http://www.aceequip.co.uk/
If you order one from ace be sure to ask for it without drainage holes

These ones cost about £30 and are rugged will take a 3 sika stags, 2 large woodland red hinds or a stag, or about a dozen small deer.

Mine is about 10 years old and still in one piece.
I have also used it as a drag sled behind the truck or the quad.

The only downside with the Ace design is that it only has 2 channels in the bottom of it so you will still need something like the bottom of a bread tray to keep your carcass out of the blood.​

Just bought 3 blood + carcass trays from Alisons. If orderd minimum order card sale £50.00 + £25.00 del or collect and can buy singley

+1 for the wildwoods tray. They really are the genuine article.

Muir,

A blood tray allows you to transport a gralloched carcass without it lying in its own blood. Take a look at the wildwood supplies site and you will see their tray incorporates deep gullies in its base where the blood will collect. The other advantage of these gullies is that they, of course, appear as ridges on the underside of the tray thus making them easier to drag. Flat bottomed trays (commonly plasterers baths) have no ridges so the carcass will lie in its own blood - not nice, especially if you have a long drive back to the larder.

Good explanation Iwrch. Not sure you can sell venison if it's been driven "far" without chilling facilities. The drainage gulleys and blood contact minimisation of some designs are good though, if rather pricey. Temperature control is probably more important though. In the average privately owned vehicle, compliance with the following BPG advice is easily acheived with a suitable, food quality, tray of any suitable size and design:

Hygiene
  • Ensure that all load-carrying areas used for carcass extraction are made of impermeable material and are easily cleaned and dis-infected.
    Ensure that areas holding carcasses are washed and scrubbed with cold water before and after use and periodically cleaned with food-safe sterilising fluid.
    Before using any chemicals the operator must read and understand any label instructions so as to comply with the manufacturer’s recommendations and must also note any warning labels relating to Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH).1,2**
  • Keep dogs, fuel and all other potential contaminants in a separate part of the vehicle or container from carcasses.
  • Cover loads where carcasses may become contaminated with dust, mud or water.

Back