Wanted: Moose Norway

matt458

Hi all, any one have any contacts on Moose hunting in Norway? (no not ugly women, the big deer like things)!;)
Matt

Matt,

Your best bet would be a post in the European Big game hunting forum on www.accuratereloading.com - there are a fair few Norwegian hunters on there and loads of good sporting agents.

Gadget and I are off to Sweden on October 14th to hunt with some Swedish mates for the opening weekend of the moose season, plus some boar hunting too. I've got the .300WM fettled with 220gn partitions and I'm good to go - can't wait!

Adam.

me and duncan are of to norway for the first three days of the moose guest of norwegan goverment may have some contact details when we come back we will post the saga on line when we get back hopefully we should do some good but if not its only costing the flight and hunting licence and fac norwegan certificate.muddy

Matt,

Your best bet would be a post in the European Big game hunting forum on www.accuratereloading.com - there are a fair few Norwegian hunters on there and loads of good sporting agents.

Gadget and I are off to Sweden on October 14th to hunt with some Swedish mates for the opening weekend of the moose season, plus some boar hunting too. I've got the .300WM fettled with 220gn partitions and I'm good to go - can't wait!

Adam.

holy shxt adam what the hell you going to hit with that 220gn. ffs how big is the boar out there...:rofl:

Matt,

Adam.
the moose season starts in sept and not oct, we are going out to my lease on the 10th for 10 days hunting bear and moose, by the time you get there ,there could be nowt left to shoot.;)

Only in the north of Sweden do's the moose season start the 1st Monday in Sept. For most of Swedeen the season starts on the 16th Oct so there will still be moose to shoot in Oct.
I had to say no to 10 days moose hunting in Norland, free if i took the Kopov to hunt the moose and a days boar hunting in southern Sweden with the Kopov as i have booked other thing. But plenty more where that came from:D

Matt I always used a 6.5x55 sw with homeloaded Norma Oryx 156 gr on the old moose, I had no problems with that,I'm off to Sweden on the 17 oct for a couple of days too, Where are you going?Have you been before? Have a good one,,,,Hem - Jagareforbundet

The boar are incidental - it's the moose I'm loading for. Have you seen the size of those buggers! Anyway, I'm increasingly keen on big premium bullets going slow rather than small bullets going like hell; less meat damage and plenty of 'knock down' power. I'd be just as confident using 156gn bullets in my .270, it's just that my .300WM is my new toy, so it's getting an outing.

Adam.

i've got the .300WM fettled with 220gn partitions and I'm good to go - can't wait!

Adam.[/QUOTE]

thats a good combo for moose! 220 grain will give you less meat damage than 180gr with a .300wm and a bigger punch!
good luck!
my father is flying over here for the moose rut in end of sept! unfortunately we only have yearling bull tags!
will be using 30.06 with 180gr fed power shok and my father with 7.o8 with 140gr NP,s

Only in the north of Sweden do's the moose season start the 1st Monday in Sept. For most of Swedeen the season starts on the 16th Oct so there will still be moose to shoot in Oct.
I had to say no to 10 days moose hunting in Norland, free if i took the Kopov to hunt the moose and a days boar hunting in southern Sweden with the Kopov as i have booked other thing. But plenty more where that came from:D[/QUOT thanks for that jagare, I only hunt in the north so was not aware of the split seasons, you must be busy if you turned down free hunting:lol:, good luck with the coming season.

Hej happyhunt, its sods law that you book other things I have the Clumber spaniel championship here on my ground on one weekend and the next weekend I'm back in England. We won't be hunting moose until the 21st but i will be out with the Kopov for the first hunting day for another hunting team.
Hope your hunting goes well.

Hey Adam use the big bullets goin fast as hell, more meat you blow away less you have to drag :D

Those things are bleedin massive, seen em standing at the edges of the forests when I drove up to Stockholm, bit like a fat brown thing with giraffe legs, can't wait for the pics of you guys dragging it over the tundra :rofl:

Have a good un mate, my best to Gadget

Back