Zeiss Duralyt Rifle Scope 3-12 x 50

bod1st

As soon as I can afford one, I'd like to upgrade my scope on my .243 stalking rifle. I am quite taken by the Zeiss Duralyt Rifle Scope 3-12 x 50 as most of my shots are taken quite close 50yds or so and occasionally 90 - 100yds. Its about as much as I would like to spend at £665.

I would be grateful for the benefit of anyone's experience with this scope please.

Thanks

Bod1st

Hi Bod1st, I have always used Swarovski, I have a AV4-12x50 on my .270 and i had a 8x56PF on my .243 . Around two months ago i sold the 8x56 and bought a Duralyt 3-12x50, the optics are fantastic and very clear, the reticle is in the second image level, so the reticle is not magnified during magnification change. If you ring Swillington Shooting Supplies i think you may get one under the £665 that you quoted. You won't regret it. ATB Rich

Last edited:
I have a Duralyt 3-12x50 on my .243 ,its pretty good ,and no complaints, I also have a Diatal M Classic 8 x 56 on the .308 and although both Zeiss I actually think this one is of a better quality . I suspect that the Duralyt is built to more of a budget, Having said that its a good scope and for that money you won't go wrong. I,m not far from you if you want to come and have a look through mine .

Thank you both thats very helpful indeed and has made my mind up, probably the scope for me then. Thanks as well Brough thats very good of you to offer. My mate has a Schmidt & B 8x56 on his and thats very nice, but I prefer the varable magnification and the Zeiss seems perfect for the job. Cheers chaps, Bod1st

Good evening Brough

I have also recently purchased the Duralyt 3-12x50. All I can say is, "Hallelujah!" - a reasonably priced, optically pricise, well engineered, ergonomically designed, asthetically pleasing, functionally accurate, stalwart of a workhorse, little beauty of a scope created by those technical German wizzards in Oberkochen.

Buy it.

Yorkshire Wharfe.

Yeah,
I think them Duralytes are right good as well.
Dont no wot hes on about (yorkshire wharfe) but it sounds ace.
S.

Thanks chaps, thats very good news indeed, I will get one as soon as I can muster the funds!

Duralyt 3-12 x50

I just got lucky for a change!, just nailed a new one on Eblag, over a hundred quid less than the cheapest on the usual suspects prices.:thumb:

I just got lucky for a change!, just nailed a new one on Eblag, over a hundred quid less than the cheapest on the usual suspects prices.:thumb:

Congrats finnbear270,

Would you be so kind to post up your feelings on the scope when you have had the opportunity to try it out?

I'm thinking about getting the new 3-10x50 with the illuminated reticle.

Jonher, will do that , just have to wait for the re barrel that it is intended for to come home!,............ if it's as good or better than the 12 mag Swaro, I will be more than happy.

Congrats finnbear270,

Would you be so kind to post up your feelings on the scope when you have had the opportunity to try it out?

I'm thinking about getting the new 3-10x50 with the illuminated reticle.

Another happy Duralyt customer, got one perched on my .260 at the moment.
You'll get a 3-12 for £550 ish from the likes of Uttings or Optics Warehouse.

The IR are coming at a fair premium I believe, the 3-12 being about 8 or 900.

Another happy Duralyt customer, got one perched on my .260 at the moment.
You'll get a 3-12 for £550 ish from the likes of Uttings or Optics Warehouse.

The IR are coming at a fair premium I believe, the 3-12 being about 8 or 900.

Anbody know who's selling these new models in the UK?

Last edited:
Back