Is this a tick?

basil

Distinguished Member
This was taken from a friends dog. Can anyone confirm that it is a tick please.
IMG_1278a.jpg

basil.

Christ thats enough to put anyone off stalking :( those pics realy give me the ebie gebies...........

Steve

Christ thats enough to put anyone off stalking :( those pics realy give me the ebie gebies...........

Just wait until you have a ked scuttle out of your hair and down your face while having a 'special' dinner in a restaurant with the wife!

Ticks don't seem to bother me much but the keds down here seem to be able to survive chilling, washing, showering and scrubbing and still manage to put in an appearance at the worst possible moment.

This came to visit last night while I was on the computer:scared: !

It could beat the crap out of any tick!

(The body is at least an inch long )

CIMG0009.jpg

2434NE I hate to say this but i have found to of that type of spider at my daughters house when decorating and they were massive. I have never seen them that large before or that type. COULD IT BE GLOBAL WARMING.

Looks like a hunting spider to me. They seems to wear hobnails as you can hear tem running across the carpet. usually chased by one or more of the dogs :D

field spiders eek! we find them in cellar boilerhouses at this time of year some of them are so big I'm scared to drop a toolbox on them in case they carry the bugger away :D at least they are not Brown recluses yeeach! that would be global warming gone too far!

The spiders are females looking for a nice warm place in the Autumn to lay their eggs. Warmest place is your house !! They are big because the females are always the largest and scariest.

That tick is Ixodes ricinus if you want the Latin name. Different stages look different and they also change in size as the little beggars fill up with blood

Back