Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sika Activity

Sika Activity

Hi All,

Heard my first triple whistle from a Sika Stag last night. Was up a high seat overlooking some fields and the call came from the wood behind me. Heard a second three whistles later on from even further in the wood so possibly two territorial stags maybe???? Beginings of the warm up to the rut starting here in Dorset.

nice to hear fella last time i was down on a course in bovington i saw great numbers of sika and in 1 field alone i would imagine a number of sika ranging from 30 to maybe 70 sika this was in an area between bovington and dorchester dont know if you know it but large numbers there

I was down in dorset for the bank holiday photo the sika in dorset and herd a few whistling like the rut was starting but seemed very early to me compaired to the one we go after in scotland.

Account Suspended
    At the weekend I was down at Tyneham at a BBQ and saw loads of Sika and heard the Stags whistle on the hills.

Cheers for the replies. the rut definitely hasnt started yet as it is still very early however I think the stags are warming up for the rut. one or two wallows have started to open up and if we get some colder/wetter weather in the next few weeks, that should increase activity a lot. then the rut will start proper.

I was out tonight but didn't hear any calling. Saw pleny of Hinds though and a small group of 8 pointers still eating the crops together.
    Where abouts are you lakey?

I was out tonight in Dublin, heard around a dozen differnt stags whistling, was suprised to hear that many stags whistling this early.

Hi Andy

Funny that, thought i heard something similar....

Thanks for a great night mate

Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Hi Andy..

Found this today on HL so maybe the boys are starting to play rough..

Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...