Swazi Tahr Hunting Anorak

Good Evening Yorkshire Wharfe, I'm sure the lead singer out of the "Jam" used to wear a similar jacket.

Good evening 1995rs

As a keen stalker, I'm sure Paul Weller would have a Swazi Tahr in his kit bag...after all he did name one of his most famous singles after his love for the sport..."sup up your beer and collect your fags! - you know the rest.

Yorkshire Wharfe

Nice jacket if as the ad's testimonial says you " live in Alaska".
I think you would sweat like a rapist in a line up wearing that in this country.
Only my opinion.
Unless you were going to Brighton on a scooter for the weekend then it would look fine.
S.

I have a Swazi thar, its the best jacket i have used for stalking, i use a swazi baselayers with it and its breathes very good in warm weather and keeps you warm in cold weather.

A lad i stalk with has the wapiti jacket, he swears by it.

Cant recomend Swazi enough you wont be disapointed with any of their products.

wicklow202

Hi, I have the Swazi Wapiti which is the coat version of the Tahr. Excellent garment, it is waterproof and light. Only thing I don't like about it are the exposed neoprene cuffs on the sleeves which take a while to dry out.

whatss the deal with buying from swazi direct?
do you get hit with import tax over n above buying price? or is there a " uk dealer"

sauer?

sauer

i would bet you would get stung for the import tax, i did a search and spoke to the guy who was the uk importer, and he said the only supplier in the uk is the ray mears omline shop.

hope this helps steve

Looks like a good bit of kit but personally i would go for the country covers jacket, much better stalking jacket imo.

atb steve

Just got another 2 bush shirts direct from Swazi in NZ. A mate has the Wapiti coat and thinks its the Dogs testicles. I bought a pair of their 4x4 trouser last year. Wind proof only but first class when its cold and snowy

I have a Swazi Tahr jacket, it is the dogs nuts. It is one of only a few garments that GoreTex rate as an Extreme garment. It is a warm jacket, during the summer I wear it with a wicking t-shirt underneath, in winter thermals and a mid weight fleece. When it proper ****es down I just smile if I have my Tahr on. To avoid excess import duty phone up the nice ladies at Swazi and ask them to mark the package as a gift, they have done it for me on several occasions. Alternatively have a look on the Ray Mears website he sells the Tahr made to his own spec, instead of one breast pocket they have 2, neither of which gets in the way of a rifle butt. I cant recommend the Tahr, or the Swazi Severn smock highly enough.

Back