reloading for the .270

mo

I am planning on reloading for my .270 soon, just after a bit of advice from the more experienced reloaders as to what will be a good powder and bullet to start of with for roe/red? I was thinking bullet wise nosler partition? I have the dies and my mate said i can use his stuf to nock up some rounds just a bit stuck on which powder to use? any info would be great, thanks,

Mo

Hi Mo,
If you look up .270 in the reloading section there is loads on the subject regards powders etc,
I use H4350, with either Nosler Partition or Sierra pro hunters both in 130gr and 150gr.
but the main issue might be getting hold of powder there is a shortage.

smithy

Hi Mo,

I use 60gr of H4831 with 130gr Sierra Game kings. This load is more than adequate for all deer that the UK has to offer. I have a box of Nosler accubonds ready for a trial (only one).

The Sierra's are about £20 a box of 100 compared to the Nosler partitions at £50plus.

Please let me know how you get on - I'm interested to know if the partitions are worth the extra wonga.

Thanks.

DC

I use 130grn, Barnes TSX BT, Nosler Accubond or Sierra gameking SP's all excellent bullets but my favourites are the Accubonds; best powders I have found are N160 and H4350 anything from 50-53 grains. I usee CCi BR4 primers and Norma brass.

ATB
Moses

I have shot most Deer species with this load and the 140gr Hornady spire-point also is just as accurate and efficient but prints about one inch higher on the target.
I normally use Norma brass. [ I have tweaked it over since firing the group below.]
HWH.
270loadforCGjpg-3.jpg

Mo, Subject to your rifle liking a particular diet, I would also support the use of 130 grain Nosler Partitions over H4831, top central, off the bench @ 100yds, lower right, off sticks.

finbear thats not to shabby! I may just give the partitions a try with the h4831 providing my rifles likes it etc. Thanks guys for the info, Mo

I'm shooting 130gr sierra prohunters pushed along by 59.5grs of H4381SC through my sako 85.Shot everything from rabbits to wild boar with them with no problems.
ATB SEAN

Back