Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a GWP & would dearly like a puppy from him

I have a GWP & would dearly like a puppy from him

Hi we have a german wire haired pointer "Joss" he's 10 now and we would dearly like puppy from him. If anyone has a bitch and is thinking of having a litter please get in touch.
    Here he is on the right with my son back in November.
    Happy to email pedigree.
    Many thanks

Sadly we had to say goodbye to Joss last week, he's a great miss.
    We will be looking for a GWP pup in due course, not immediatley, if anyone is planning a litter please give me a pm

Oh am sorry, must have been a shock!

From nowhere he just started to balloon up with fluid in his abdomen and we took him to the vet who said he had severe heart failure. She gave him a weeks course of water and heart tablets. He continued swelling and after 6 days started to lose the use of his hind legs. I took him back and she said she could only hear his heart from one side which pointed to a growth as well as the heart muscle failure. She said the prognosis was grim and that we had a hard decision to take. My son is 15 and works the dogs and shoots with me so he had insisted on coming along too. We cuddled Joss while they administered the drugs and said our goodbyes. Being honest I've cried while typing this. Some of you will know what that's like.

Sounds like he was overtaken as swiftly as our Meg, Just think of all the best times you had with him, It must add up to much more than the feelings of loss.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sorry to read of your loss, been there myself too many times, its never easy, but the memories of him will be with you forever !! Thoughts are with you and your youngster though.

Sorry to hear of your loss, been there, when I lost my ESS bitch it hurt badly to be honest I have been at funerals of relatives and friends and it hurt less than when I had to put that old girl down. As another GWP owner you have my sympathy.

Thanks for the very kind words everyone it's much appreciated, if anyone knows of a litter planned for around christmas please keep me in mind

I'm stepping up my search guys if anyone has any fresh leads, cheers

Theres a couple litters advertised on GWP CLUB site. would recomend doth kennels goodluck Alex