Thanks Wayne Davies

Distinguished Member
Was lucky enough to get a kind invitation of a morning stalk with wayne and max(the dog) i met wayne at 5am at his place, into his truck and off to the ground.
Arrived for first light to see a lovely peice of land/forests surrounding us,got set up and off we went for a walk around saw a few deer around either a doe or too far away, but that wasn't bothering me as i was more intrested in learning how to stalk correctly than the actual shooting part.
Wayne tried everytrick in the book to get me onto the right deer with the assistance of max of course:lol::lol:. but they either would not stop/unsafe shot/ or it was me not moving quick enough:doh:.
We ended up seeing quite a few deer but no shot was taken.

I would just like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to people like yourself and sikamalc for helping out fair novies like myself, to gain valuable experience in the sport, as sometimes it can be very very difficult for newcomers to get help or move on in the stalking world, and without people like yourselves i dont think there would be half the amount of newcomers to stalking.

Thanks Wayne your a true Gent.
ATB
Dave

dave,

i am sure i speak for a lot of folk, its good to help and help is always about.
from my limited experience of Sd, wayne seems a decent bloke and your testimony would verify that.
hope you had a great day and hope you have many more.
good luck dave
well done wayne ( oh and max )

f.

Waynes a great bloke made all the better by a great dog (he should be I bred him)(Max not Wayne)LOL
I need to get him up here again for a yorkshire roe, when he can get himself a few minutes away from guests or return invites. Come on you lads(andy as well of course) did you say you might get for some does??

Well done dave/wayne it is all about being out stalking and while i like a very positive result some times things dont happen that way ,but thats what makes it more special when it dose wish you well on your next outing

Nice one lads.

As said before SD is a great place to meet like minded people and a lot of generous people willing to share there knowledge and experiance, oh and there deer!

Jonathon

Well done Dave,nice write up sounds like you had a great mornings stalking :cool:

I would just like to say a MASSIVE thankyou to people like yourself and sikamalc for helping out fair novies like myself, to gain valuable experience in the sport, as sometimes it can be very very difficult for newcomers to get help or move on in the stalking world, and without people like yourselves i dont think there would be half the amount of newcomers to stalking.

Thanks Wayne your a true Gent.
ATB
Dave

and I totally agree with that :thumb: well done Wayne & Max
Andy

sounds like you have got the bug well and truly now dave :), its brilliant on this site how people put thereselves out to help other people. well done wayne for helping another member to get out on the gound.
Atb Andy

Cheers Dave

It was my pleasure, not as many deer showing as I would have liked but I dont think the wind and the rain helped much :rolleyes:
We were a bit unlucky but thats the way it go's.

I really enjoyed it, I love stalking over Max in woodland, I think its my favorite part of stalking now. Max indicated all four of those prickets before we spotted them and I still didnt get you one he thinks I'm crap :lol:

Better luck next time.

Wayne

Waynes a great bloke made all the better by a great dog (he should be I bred him)(Max not Wayne)LOL
I need to get him up here again for a yorkshire roe, when he can get himself a few minutes away from guests or return invites. Come on you lads(andy as well of course) did you say you might get for some does??

Hi John
Best thing I ever done buy that dog mate he's getting sh*t hot on the Fallow now. I'm sure we will get together some time over the winter here, there or somewhere :D spoke to Paul Friday told him we cant make November.

Sept,October,November and Feb booked solid :lol::lol: but I'm sure we will sort something.

Cheers Wayne

Thanks lads for all the comments and andy ive got the bug good and proper :lol::lol::lol:.

thanks again wayne.

ATB
Dave

Back