Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my trip to scotland on a bor shoot in 2004

my trip to scotland on a bor shoot in 2004

well in 2004 i got the chance to go on a driven bore shoot it was 500 but one of them things i had to do so off me and my friend went driving up to Scotland. we got there a hour before the rest of the shooting party got there so we got out the food and flask of tea. when they all arrived to the car park the keeper gave us out hide numbers i was no 4 and my mate was no 3, these hides were made up of 4 wooden pallets raised about 2 foot of the ground we were given strict orders not to leave the hide until we were picked up by the shoot wagon. so 8am the shoot started and the bores were driven out of the woods into feeding patches were the hides were, i could hear shots going off all around me (both rifle and shotgun) but i was not getting a opportunity to let a shot off, then this quad potted up to my hide dragging 4 bore and the guy said to me "have you got any thing yet " no mate not yet have not even seen one around here. so it was now 11am and still not let a shot off but then i herd some crashing in the tree line to my left it was one a nice big bore so i let it come in to the feeder (by this time the hart was beeting so hard it was unbelievable the adrenaline rushing trough my blood, at about 15yds it stopped and started to munch on some food from the feeder bang bang gave it 2 shots from my 12guage semi auto using 3inch magnums and it fell just in the tree line then a second came out 30 min later same agane dropped it just in the tree line then it all went quite the guy on the quad was back "you got owt yet buddy" yes mate just dropped 2 in the tree line so off he went to retrieve them when i herd a loud shot from just in the treeline he had just put a round in the back of one of the boar's head apparently one of the legs were twitching and just to make sure he shot agane. so he tied a rope around the back legs and dragged them out with the quad he said to me "what are you using" to which i replied a semi auto shotty with 3inch magnums " bloody hell you have blown half of its neck off" so any way it was now Dina so back in the wagon and down to the car park we went my mate has had 1 so far and i had 2 so after Dina back up to the hide but i got no more for the rest of the afternoon but my mate got another 2 so we ended the day with 5 between us but the over all bag was over 20 for all the guns. so off to the b&b we went ready for a beer now the next morning it was time to head home. and that was my trip to Scotland on a driven bore shoot which i realy enjoyed.

the breefing be fore the shoot

one bore after the shoot ended

the end of day bag

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Being that close to a Boar...Was it a "Canned Hunt? I wouldn't have been that close to a Boar unless I was in a vehicle...

Is a Bore the same as a Boar? A bit young to be drinking beer weren't you?

yes mate it is sorry my spelling is not verry good

no never to young

Well no disrespect to yourself Russ as I guess were pretty young at the time and I suspect it was a very exciting day out. As for the other older 'hunters'...

Well I was trying to think of something constructive to say but at the moment words fail me...............

you certainly did catch some moment russ
    i would say you must of been about 13-14 years of age to fall for this
    no disrespect to you as mudman has said already ,
    this is one of the worst accounts of a canned hunt i hav ever heard of , these boar were not driven but kept hungry before being let out of a pen and pushed towards a feed point where you guns were so conveintately placed so an easy and guaranteed shot could take place, sorry but you should not of posted this as this is so downgrading to the rest of shooting in the uk and request admin to look hard at this with the sense to remove it
    as you grow up through your shooting life i hope you will see the other side of shooting where the animals are wild this certainly is no potrait of that

Were you next to Loch Sunart? Ive fished for Rays and Spurdogs up there, and there is penned boar up there. And the north shore we see in the photo is very similar.

I'm sorry for you Russ if you believed you were hunting, as this was more a large outdoor slaughter house, than a hunt. I would suggest you delete the post yourself before it gets removed or you get more negative comments from the hunters on the site. I can't think of anyone here who would want to be involved in this kind of thing. Again I'm sorry, but I've got be tell it the way I see it.
    Good luck in the future, find some better guidance.

im sorry russ im with the others on this one,that shouldnt be allowed.perhaps as you grow older you will look back at the trip and you will understand what we mean.