phew...Just had my Level 2 Telephone Interview

arthursc

That was a little nerv-racking..

But all went well very nice chap and nice to know that we had alot of thoughts and opinions that were very much in common.

The anthrax question was alittle unexpected though!

Now I have to wait for the rest of the business to happen..

...now where are the beers!

Good luck with the rest of it. I just passed my DCS1 today and am looking at DSC2 but not until i have a bit more experience under my belt first.

G

Groach1234 thats very wise to many pass lev one and try and move straight on to 2 when thats not what its about. Arthur i am sure you will be ok the anthrax question also seems irelivant to me i cant remeber a case ever were i am.:D

Well done mate
I remember my phonecall well
Infact we got talking that much about stalking my Assesor forgot about asking the questions he had rung me about
so within minute of putting the phone down I got another call from him
He just asked me questions about the facts I had submitted on my portfolio as some were a little out of the ordinary but were actually what had happened and he had never experienced , so a learning curve for him aswell
less than a week later the IV phoned me to , just to confirm all was in order and congratulated me on gaining my L2
I celebrated with a couple of glasses of wine and a touch of vintage port I save for special occassion
as I had earn't it
I shall raise a glass tonite
ATB

One point to think about ,these questions are actually about what's been written in the portfolio, and or what happened on the stalks , the AW get questions about what they witnessed on your stalk which could have been months or in some cases a year or two .

You should keep a copy of the portfolio for each of the stalks which will keep both you the witness and iv correct.

If there is a problem it lands on the witness table first it is his name that's on the portfolio saying your above board on all the criteria within the portfolio.

That was a little nerv-racking..

But all went well very nice chap and nice to know that we had alot of thoughts and opinions that were very much in common.

The anthrax question was alittle unexpected though!

Now I have to wait for the rest of the business to happen..

...now where are the beers!

Was your answer (Bleeding from every orrifice) just out or curiosity

My first stalk was over two years ago and hopefully my last with the aw is booked in a few weeks, do they call on your home or mobile cos i cant carry a copy of my portfolio around with me....lol

Was your answer (Bleeding from every orrifice) just out or curiosity

Correct. I replied bleeding from every orrifice with thick black like blood.. His reply was "some people describe it as black and tar like but yes that is correct".

Apollo,

He called my home. The wife answered as I was putting my son to bed, so i called him back which is probably advisable so you can gather your thoughts and prepare yourself as Widows_Son had suggested.

Widows_Son;

Your very correct. I made sure I had all the information needed as well as a copy of my Porfolio to hand. Prior to the call I had read through the portfolio several times to be clear what was written and the questions asked by my AW.

Was a bag of nerves before but as with some of the other comments, we spent alot of time discussing stalking, game dealers etc. I got a feeling he was getting probing my attitude and morals regarding stalking also and to qualify if I had the correct frame of mind.

The questions were "Anthrax, Why do we TAG deer after despatch and public access and what additional precautions would you take.

On the last question I covered pretty much everything apart from using a high seat. I gave the reason that I prefer not to use highseats where they could have public visability and did not wish to draw unwanded attention. I itterated that My stalking would be well out of the plublic gaze and that I need to ensure what lies beyond any existing back stops I intend to use, monitor and avoid peak public activity times and apply some common sense to the issues like study your OS map and look at where people are walking off track etc..

Still all over now for that process....but will always learn new things for every stalk and recky.

Now for the next challenge.:D

ArthursC

Correct. I replied bleeding from every orrifice with thick black like blood.. His reply was "some people describe it as black and tar like but yes that is correct".

Apollo,

He called my home. The wife answered as I was putting my son to bed, so i called him back which is probably advisable so you can gather your thoughts and prepare yourself as Widows_Son had suggested.

Widows_Son;

Your very correct. I made sure I had all the information needed as well as a copy of my Porfolio to hand. Prior to the call I had read through the portfolio several times to be clear what was written and the questions asked by my AW.

Was a bag of nerves before but as with some of the other comments, we spent alot of time discussing stalking, game dealers etc. I got a feeling he was getting probing my attitude and morals regarding stalking also and to qualify if I had the correct frame of mind.

The questions were "Anthrax, Why do we TAG deer after despatch and public access and what additional precautions would you take.

On the last question I covered pretty much everything apart from using a high seat. I gave the reason that I prefer not to use highseats where they could have public visability and did not wish to draw unwanded attention. I itterated that My stalking would be well out of the plublic gaze and that I need to ensure what lies beyond any existing back stops I intend to use, monitor and avoid peak public activity times and apply some common sense to the issues like study your OS map and look at where people are walking off track etc..

Still all over now for that process....but will always learn new things for every stalk and recky.

Now for the next challenge.:D

ArthursC
Things havent changed much over the years well done getting it alright

Congrats arthursc

I remember my phone call on a Sunday watching my girls playing netball..:eek:

Caught me right out especially as one had come off and was jumping up and down pulling my jacket for some money to buy a drink..

Funny enough if i remember correctly that was also one of my questions..

Also as widows son mentioned i had kept a copy of my portfolio but hadnt taken it to netball..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ATB

Terry

Back