Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A twist in the stalk!!!!

A twist in the stalk!!!!

I went out this morn for a stalk. After 30mins I stood watching 2 fox cubs playing not more than 30 feet away totally oblivious to my presence. After a fruitless stalk I decided to return to the motor as the easterly was picking up changed direction and ended winding my next plan of attack. So back to the road and a brisk walk back but forever keeping a vigilant eye open for a stray buck. I had walk about 10mins when I heard a fawn bleeting!! I stood still, pin pointed where it was coming from and decided I would try and see it after about 10mins pondering yes or no!! 10 feet inside the wood lay a new born still wet and the ambilcal cord still attached a quick photo with the mobile and I left it be. After this rich sighting I thought well what a twist, Im out with a rifle to end life and this morn Ive seen new life and ended none!! But I felt a warm glow inside seeing the sights I did, absolutely fantastic I thought and didnt give a hoot that I was empty handed I new I was alive and not many people get the chance to witness what I had. Well to top the morn of I ended up shooting a yearling buck 20 yds from the jeep not far to drag it either bonus

God its good to be alive and active in the country. 8)

That's great Nutty well done mate. I'm glad I'm not the only big softy on the site.

well done nutty,could you please send me a trailer full we have no roe.

My wifes not speaking to me!!!! I told her I was going up with the air-rifle tomorrow as the 25-06 was a bit OTT!!!!! I cant believe after 11 years I can still get to her!!

well nutty you won't of had a better chance to get a pair of cubs than that
    but what a way to end a stalk that hasd been my quest to post the first pics of a newborn on this site ,beat me to it i see did your heart melt,
    just need a better camera
    still a fitting end to a good stalk with the buck as a bonus
    well done mate

Cheers Stone that was my phone I used. The cubs well the neighbouring farmer isnt to pleasant shall i say, weve had greive over access etc, so the more foxes the better. Im sorry but when he chases after me the road spies on our every move from 2 fields away, his wife gets stroppy with me, he can have all the foxes he needs for next spring. BTW thats not a go at you, just letting folks no my reasoning why I didnt shoot them and we dont have any plans of putting feather to wood.

you evil beggar

i tried that once and the farmer lost all his chickens so his wife went out and bought him some more same thing again still did not get the ground i wonder why
    oh what fun

Hi Nutty,
    Stone and I were out this morning on the Roebucks. The weather was evil and we saw no Bucks at all. However we did see three Does and the first had a new born fawn in tow. Fantastic! Its the first time I've seen a Roe fawn, it really made my day.