Midges

RED-DOT

What do you guys use for the scourge of the Highlands? Thinking of a jacket, not creams? :lol:

i have used the 100% expedition spray from bushwear and other outlets.
works 100% and not one bite
be careful has it stings like Christ ha ha

Just get yourself a good midge net. Don't p*ss about with creams and potions...they might stop them biting you but they don't stop them buzzing in your ears and crawling into your eyes. A good FINE midge net (NOT a mosquito net, the mesh is too big). Wear it over a brimmed or peaked hat to keep it away from your face and you'll be fine. I don't notice them on my hands but if you do just wear a pair of light gloves.

They be starting to drop off soon anyway...the weather today has made sure an extra few million have drowned!

+1with CBS,expedition 100% works perfect,best to wash it off after use cos like he says it stings

hi
the vitamin ian was talking about is Brewersyeast and it do's work as i have tryed it but as the snow & frost is on the way
you will on need it .good luke with your shooting
croc

A freind of mine filmed his exposed hands being attacked by thousands of them and the camera cut off as there was no light getting into the lens.. worst ever on the West Coast i hear...

Last edited:
Just get yourself a good midge net. Don't p*ss about with creams and potions...they might stop them biting you but they don't stop them buzzing in your ears and crawling into your eyes. A good FINE midge net (NOT a mosquito net, the mesh is too big). Wear it over a brimmed or peaked hat to keep it away from your face and you'll be fine. I don't notice them on my hands but if you do just wear a pair of light gloves.

They be starting to drop off soon anyway...the weather today has made sure an extra few million have drowned!

+1 nothing beats a net, except the weather, which is fast turning into a midge's nightmare :D

John

Back