Thread: larder

Ive aquired a converted refrigerated wagon body ,the refridgeration unit has been exchanged for a 240 volt unit,its been used at a farm shop to store poultry. its about 20ft long with tr1ple bi fold stainlesslined doors .it would need a small amount of work to get it up to best practice guidance but its perfect for a small shoot or estate ,i thought ide offer it here before it goes on ebay its 1500 and i can organize transport but this is through a 3rd party so i dont know what that would cost,im in durham.your thoughts and criticisms please gents

The insulation is special waste and costs a fortune to dump. The insulation also degrades. The commercial breakers will give you a good one to see it off the premises, For that reason I would give it a miss. Most have a fridge unit dual powered, diesel and 110v standby but is the gas the current or obsolete type,

I think nemo is SELLING it and not recycling it.. i take it your condemnation of these fridge bodies is a ploy to knock the price down?

Nope it comes from a lifetime in the transport/waste industry. Fridges of any size with the old type insulation costs a mint to dump. When I retired 3 years ago it cost 90 plus vat to dump a standard fridge, The fishmonger that rented a compound from me paid 300 for a fridge body in good condition delivered from Bathgate to Oban. You will find I gave the selfsame advice on the site a few years back. Unless you have an end of life disposal route sorted dont touch was the advice given then.

If the body is in reasonable condition and the chiller unit is working it does not matter which gas it is on because all current gases have what they call a drop in available which means you just take out the obsolete gas and drop in the new one. You just need to find a fridge man that stalks. Sikadog

PS I think the price is a bit high but I only fix them.

thanks for the comments gents ,i dont know anything about gas etc.but i do know that it works by plugging the mounted unit on the back into a 240 supply and it was working until i unplugged it ,if i had the space i would keep it but its just to big so ebay here it comes