Heart pounding moment

arthursc

I purchased 10 acres of young spruce with a deer lawn A year or so ago. I have only visited once a month and have been keeping things quite.

I have seen several hinds and tonight walked into a stag...almost.

As I approached the corner of the spruces I caught a glimpse of some movement. I lowered myself to the ground, and watched him move around and I was only 30 feed away from him. I was well hidden aside of the foot or so from ground to the first growth of the spruce branches.

As he moved up the deer lawn I slowly rose behind the spruces but he must have seen me as he ran off.:doh: Or he heard my heart pounding!

My question now is what strategy would you now employ?

Get there early at incase he is back or do a morning stalk? Would he be back? He didn't wind me or get full sight of me he just saw some minor movement.

I couldn't get a clean shot so hence my question.

Regards
ArthursC

Sounds exciting Arthur!
With such a small area, they will always have the upper hand on you.
If the trees are young, best get a well camouflaged free standing highseat or blind built and sneak into it before first light or well before last light.
Good luck!
MS:)

Sounds exciting Arthur!
With such a small area, they will always have the upper hand on you.
If the trees are young, best get a well camouflaged free standing highseat or blind built and sneak into it before first light or well before last light.
Good luck!
MS:)

My thoughts exactly. Just wanted some endorsement. I have a blind build up against an old oak that has some nicely placed branches. I might camp out...lol. He was at least 12 pointer from what i could see from him grazing.

Thanks.

Back