Thread: Hello

I was quite surprised to find just how many emails AOL had identified as SPAM, however here we last.

In my early Forties, just a pup and involved in shooting and the wider outdoors for almost all of those years. Last few years has seen a change in my appetite for shooting and while I will still happily take a driven day for the craic, I cannot seem to get excited about bird shooting anymore. I would far rather sit with my dog at night and hope for a duck or two or even just to enjoy the piece and quiet. About 15 years ago I became interested in Stalking, starting out with a ruger 10/22 and a very nice Tika 595 in .243 A few years later I had the opportunity to stalk for Red and Sika and listening to the advice of those with more experience I went for a larger calibre. I know the .243 is good enough to do the job on both Red and Sika, I have seen it done and done it, however any excuse for another gun. I researched as much as I could although I cannot now remember why I chose the 6.5x55.
    I became interested in reloading shortly after I picked up my .243 and started out with a lee aniversary kit which I think cost me a small fortune at around 65. I loaded hundreds of rounds using the lee equipment and was very happy with it. As I became more interested in reloading and accuracy in particular I started using RCBS equipment although my press is a Lyman that allows me to have all my dies for both calibres set up and ready to go. I cannot think of much more to tell.................... I have level 1 and 2, trained hunter and even fit and competant status, although my long suffering wife would probably dispute the latter. That me I think, looking forward to contributing something to the excellent setup that you guys have on here

Best wishes

Welcome aboard 6.5.
    Look forward to reading your posts, it sounds as though you have done a fair bit.

Kind regards,