Thread: New HMR

New HMR

Hi chaps, just got a HMR on my ticket, what would you recommend?
    CZ seems the obvious choice but I'm open to other ideas!

Oh yes, and ammo, what do you feed your hmrs with?

CZ 452 ZKM, SAK mod, only likes 20gn gamepoints, L'IL GUN is a pretty mucky burning powder in this cal, & all this cal is made in one factory.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

You cant beat the CZ for value for money. There are some nice alternatives such as the Anchutz but for 300(possibly less) you will pick up a nice CZ with mod. I ahev the CZ with American stock and Edgar brothers Sirocco mod, I found that the 17g Hornaday VMAX Red tips go best through mine. Hole on hole at 100 yards. Great piece of kit just impacted by wind quite badly but ive dropped foxes with it(only take head shots though), best shot being 150 yards right betwen the eyes on a windless night.

Another cz fan here Spend any extra on good glass

ATB Steve

I love my CZ, bought off a member on here. Solid piece of kit but beautifully light. Mine wears a Sirocco mod and Vortex Diamondback scope firing V Max red tips, a lovely little package that is very accurate and great fun to shoot. Keep an eye on the classifieds here, good HMRs seem to appear quite regularly.

Just be aware if you are going to put a lot of rounds through it, expect an ally mod to exhibit firecutting very quickly.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks guys,
    I really appreciate all your comments
    Cheers Tom.

hw 60 got one cant fault it and so accrate