Wanted: Red Stags, Is this a good deal?

I will throw a wee spanner in the works here. Are you really bothered by whether or not it is a 'trophy' animal? Because if you are not then there is better value to be had and some of it advertised on this forum. Personally, for that kind of money I would rather have a week at the hinds (if your fitness is up to it;)) take lots of photo's for the memories and let the stalker do some of the hard work re the extraction.

Remember trophy does not always mean particularly good or large. I have seen plenty of crappy wee heads that still had 12 points on them.

I will throw a wee spanner in the works here. Are you really bothered by whether or not it is a 'trophy' animal? Because if you are not then there is better value to be had and some of it advertised on this forum. Personally, for that kind of money I would rather have a week at the hinds (if your fitness is up to it;)) take lots of photo's for the memories and let the stalker do some of the hard work re the extraction.

Remember trophy does not always mean particularly good or large. I have seen plenty of crappy wee heads that still had 12 points on them.
Agree with that one. Lots of stalking to be had for less money. I recently booked 3 outings on red and fallow males for less than £400. I am under no illusion that if we come across a royal red, unless i produce £1200-£1400 on the spot, we will progress onto the next available shot. I have not guessed this either, i was told! Regards, Ed.

a discussion similar to this was had months ago and i feel that they normally start to cause arguments rather than anything else.
remember this that most stags that are shot are not owned by the shooter so the estate or guide also gets another £100/£200 per beast.
now that's it gone from say £250/£310 per animal to £350 to nearly £700 per beast
now thats not bad going

f.

jamross,

i am not referring to you in any way mate i used only yours for reference

a discussion similar to this was had months ago and i feel that they normally start to cause arguments rather than anything else.

f.

jamross,

i am not referring to you in any way mate i used only yours for reference

Skins as thick as a bit of 2x2 anyway, wouldn't have upset me even if you had been:lol:

Back