Any Sign of this years Fallow Rut

Gaz

Been away on holiday to the highlands for the last week, a bit of salmon fishing, red stag stalking and a days rough shooting. Brilliant time had by all. As I am in a stalking syndicate where the woods are situated between Hereford & Ledbury, I would like to ask has anyone in this area seen or heard anything to suggest the start of this years fallow rut. As I am based in Wales, about one and a half hours drive away from this ground, any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
GAZ

Hi Gaz

Not really kicked off on my our ground (Hereford) yet, not far off seen a few scrapes and a lot of buck activity.

Watched four mature bucks on Saturday together, two of them play fighting. Watched another buck showing aggression towards a pricket but no groaning.

Cheers Wayne

Thanks Teckel & Wayne, I've got a few days off next week so should catch the start. I'll report my findings. Cheers

We've got wallows and lots of activity, but no noises yet. The young males have appeared on my patch which means the old boys are starting to play rough.

ft

Thanks Teckel & Wayne, I've got a few days off next week so should catch the start. I'll report my findings. Cheers

Hi Gaz,
We have been leaving our bucks alone the last three years and its paying off know, we've got a lot of young to middle age bucks showing another few years they should be some fine animals nice to see them around.

I'll be out with the video camera over the next few weeks and the rifle for a few prickets and maybe if I'm lucky an old buck I'm after. Have fun

Atb Wayne

A few scrapes about the week before last, and saw a few prickets chased out the wood by a nice looking buck. My mate went up to the ground weekend just gone, and saw a couple of good bucks scrapping.

Could do with the temp. to drop a few degrees, but not too far away now.

ATB

T

Thanks Gents. Weather permitting I'll go for a look round on Thursday. Will report my findings. Cheers Gaz

Thanks Gents. Weather permitting I'll go for a look round on Thursday. Will report my findings. Cheers Gaz
Thats funny I am also off on thursday,do you want me to come with you, cos I know you don't like being in the woods on your own.:rofl:
Bando still in hospital having blood tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
177landy. How's it going mate. Thanks for the offer of your company but if you were to let that 30.06 cannon off in my woods, we probabley won't see any deer for the rest of the year. :D
Spoke to Boosh last night, still a concern. regards to Queenbee

Will try and get to see Bando tomorrow when hopefully the results will be in,nice to see you all had a good time up north,can't wait to get back up there the time seems to be flying buy see you soon regards to all.

Quiet this morning. Heard one buck grunting for a few minutes and that was it for me. Mate saw a first class buck holding about 16 / 17 does though.

T

Last edited:
Back