Thread: Swarovski 8x50 fixed power reviews

Swarovski 8x50 fixed power reviews

Hi guys,

I'm now on the hunt for a fixed power scope and had a play with a Swaro Habicht 8x50 fixed power scope (Reticule 4A) yesterday and was very impressed.

Are there many users of this particular scope onboard at all?

If so, I'd love to hear what you think of the scope for stalking and also if any of you use one for lamping foxes too?

Thats what I use. Absolutely no complaints. Took off a Docter 3-12 * 56 to put Swarovski on, and can honestly say I prefer the fixed mag. The Docter obviously had better light gathering ability but I dont miss the variable mag as much as I thought I would.

All the best

"Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Established Poster
    Bathgate, West Lothian

When I was looking around for a scope which was to be used poorly for stalking then I was advised to get the 8 X 56 scope either by Swaro or S & B.
    I have ordered an 8 X 56 S & B as I personally was happy with the S & B and its quite a bit cheaper than the Swaro.
    Cheers, John.

I have a S&B 8 x 56 and a Swarovski 8 x 50 . If i had to buy again i would have two swarovski 8 x 50's.

S&B are good but swarovski are better finished. Even though it has a 5mm smaller objective lens, you will not notice any low light difference and it uses lower mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rigboot View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm now on the hunt for a fixed power scope and had a play with a Swaro Habicht 8x50 fixed power scope (Reticule 4A) yesterday and was very impressed.

Are there many users of this particular scope onboard at all? ...rb
    rb - I had two for about 10 years for stalking roe/red. I only changed them when I got into reloading and wanted more magnification when testing out loads. I still use the Swarovski but now have a 6-30x50 with BR reticle. I got a really good deal trading in the 8x50's. I haven't done any lamping.

If you look closely at my Avatar you will see a 8x50 Swarovski.
    Rgds JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 27-09-2010 at 19:03. Reason: more words

I have had said scope for 6 or 7 years. It has been on everything from a 222rem to a 30/06. On the 222rem it helped shoot literally hundreds of foxes out to around 175m at night. I love it. It is the most generally useful and uncomplicated scope I own. It currently sits on my custom 260rem. I have scopes which are both bigger and smaller, and one which cost more than three times the price. Still the 8x50 sits on the rifle that I have 100% faith in. It has never moved zero once set. It also looks as good as new, even though it has been in at least four differents sets of rings.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I have the said scope on my rifle and I get on well with it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys.
    Makes all the difference before going ahead and buying one when you get this kind of feedback from actual users in the field
    Buy once but right as they say.
    Thanks again

just point and shoot

Ive had swaro 8x50 pf on my sauer 6.5x55 for 7 yrs now and I dont regret not going for variable scope. Why? As I dont have to worry about twiddly adjustments, just aim and shoot. Ive just also acquired a 2nd hand german Schmidt and Bender 6x42 for another rifle Im still waiting gettin on my fac. Fixed power every time for me.

Well on the back of 3 personal recommendations and the input from all guys above I got myself two 8x50's from Macleods today.

As the old saying goes "Buy the glass and a rifle with the change" just leaves me to sort out the rifles now

Cheers gents

Last edited by rigboot; 30-09-2010 at 22:29. Reason: spelling