Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka M65 deluxe .270 full setup.

Tikka M65 deluxe .270 full setup.

No longer for sale, you've convinced me to keep it!
    I'm not sure if I'm going to regret this but..............
    I've bought another stalking rifle for better or worse so this has to go.
    I bought it and had it checked over and screw cut by Steve Kershaw, he gave it a clean bill of health.

Comes with the original deluxe stock (the butt pad is there but not shown in the pic),
    Meopta artemis 7X50 with 4b ret with box & papers
    Optilock rings and mounts.

There is also a copy of shooting times with review of the M55

There is also a T8 in good condition with no rust and the thumbhole stock, both of which are available seperately. 150 for the stock, the T8 is negotiable. I also have a set of redding deluxe dies and a quantity of brass. Again, available to the buyer of the rifle.
    I don't want to split anything untill the rifle is sold.

Last edited by pigglet; 30-09-2010 at 15:50.

Good bundle of kit there,.................... but for me the first line says it all!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." S.A.C.S. member!

Don't say that, I'm having second thoughts already after all the time I've spent on it

what a cracking rifle mate. and a good caliber too! keep it!! If i had not ordered my sako i would have been tempted! all the best, Mo

Thanks Mo. Your not helping with my case of buyers remorse though

Pigglet - we don't know one another but I'll be blunt nonetheless: you have to be insane to want to sell that. Made when Tikka was still a family firm, I believe, and a lovely piece of gunsmithing that you would have to pay an arm and a leg for to equal these days. Just stick it in the cupboard and shoot it on high days and holidays.
    KevinF -

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    Pigglet - we don't know one another but I'll be blunt nonetheless: you have to be insane to want to sell that. Made when Tikka was still a family firm, I believe, and a lovely piece of gunsmithing that you would have to pay an arm and a leg for to equal these days. Just stick it in the cupboard and shoot it on high days and holidays.
    Totally agree with Kevins advice, the only other way to look at it is that, if it is sold, someone else gets the benefit of a great set-up. JC

Not interested in the scope - would you consider offer on rifle only (with original stock), would make ideal candidate for re-barrel....

Have to agree with Kevin and Redmist - hales from the days when Tikka made really good rifles. I had my M55 rebarreled last year - AEH at Riflecraft said it was one of the tightest actions he'd worked on for a long time. I'd keep it as is or change the barrel if you don't want a 270.

JMO

Andrew

Farquah. Looks like I've slipped up. I'll give you the full story, tell me if you still think I should keep it.
    When looking for a stalking rifle I was after an M695, in .270. I lloked and looked then found one, said I'd have it only for it to be sold by mistake to someone else. I ended up with the 65 more by chance than anythng.
    A couple of days ago I saw this and have said I'll have it, it's on hold unitll I get down with the money. My variation went in today.
    http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/foru...owtopic=139373
    I hadn't heard much about 25-06 when I decided on a .270. In reality I'm going to be doing more Roe stalking than Red or SIka so thought it sounded like a good rifle and calibre for me.

I do like the .270, there is nothing wrong with it, when I took it to Steve Kershaw to be threaded I asked for it to be re-crowned but he checked it out and said there was nothing wrond with the crown or the barrel, it didn't need it.
    I just thought the 695 might be a better rifle and caliber for me. I don't think I'd be able to jstify or get authority to possess both