New scope

Stephen2

I am looking for a new scope for stalking and foxing .I will have around £600 after I have sold my Tikka 595 so was thinking of one of the the following

Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 £665 - It's a Zeiss sounds cheap are they any good ? I've heard that Meopta do some manufacturing for Zeiss is that true ?

Meopta Artemis 2000 vari 3-12x 50 £588 - Anyone got one ?

IOR 4-14x50 £592 -little known but owners seem to rave about them -but who wouldn't if you've forked out £600.

I once owned a Pecar but sold it because I didn't like the reticle only to find out after that you could change the reticle.I rue that day.Sadly Pecar went bust but I would like something as good without taking out a second mortgage

advice on the above please

A Zeiss Conquest might be a good choice.

Mate of mine has the bigger 6 - 20 x 50, got it for £500 second hand and its very good although a bit big for my liking

I quite fancy the 4.5 - 14 x 50 although havent used one, 20x mag seems a bit OTT

They are around and seem like a good buy.

Dan

All good choices for sure. I've used a lot of Leupold scopes and found them to be fine and still have a 3-9x50 European 30 on one of my rifles. It does lose out on light transmission to my S&B 3-12x50 which will give me about an extra 15mins field time over the Leupold but I don't think it's unique in that respect. I think they retail around £450 so you could get some good mounts too. Look at the used market - there will be a big choice of top flight optics at that sort of money. York Guns have a good used scope selection and, just having taken a quick look have an S&B 2.5-10x56 under £600.

Hope that helps a little

I have Conquest 4.5-14x50 and am very happy with it. You can have it new from the states for about £500.
If you want to buy Meopta go for Meostar not old Artemis line. There was a new MeoPro scope on ebay for around £330, maybe still is, but I have no experience with MeoPros.

Greg

After having Swarovski scopes for the last 20 years, my most recent purchase was a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50. Had one or two warranty problems with a new Swaro scope recently and decided to try another brand.
I have it on a .270 and it is excellent. Great value for money too.
Try Swillington Shooting supplies for one, they will beat any deal you get from other suppliers.
Cheers
S.

I have an IOR 4-14x50 on my stalking rifle, I have used this rifle under lamp for fox out to 300 yards and sold my 8x56 S&B when I was confident it did the same job at a higher mag.

I bought mine at the height of the currency boom and paid £330 for it. I now own 2 IOR scopes and will be buying a third in FFP for tactical comps.

Back