Poacher

cumbrian

Whilst feeding the pheasants on our shoot today , we were told about the rescue of an elderly couple who had got lost on the fell yesterday while out walking , and ended up calling the emergency services when it got dark . 20 odd people and an awful lot of lights . They were found safe and well at 2230 and taken back to their accomodation. Well back to today while on the quad I noticed something in a bracken , upon looking closer a BUILDERS WHEELBARROW which i think was abandoned by a startled poacher, with all the rescue commotion ( we know who he is , he owns a paddock near our land ) , so if he is looking on here ( which I dont think he is ) Dave has your wheelbarrow and you can call in for it if you so wish :scared:

I have found many things out on the hill before but a wheelbarrow, that's priceless. You should ask Dave if he knows anyone looking to buy a wheelbarrow since you found on the other day. :p

I have never had a poacher leave me better off than before he visited! Lucky you, inheriting a wheelbarrow. What next, a car?? You can only hope ;)

ft

I got lucky last year before DVLA decided I was a blind old bat.
I went to my local lease to check the high seats, [someone had recently stolen a portable aluminimum model which had been a present to me] and found a couple of black rubbish sacks dumped at a ride end.
Beside them was the wonderful swivel, padded office chair upon which I am currently sitting.
This may have been a safety hazard to some poor poacher so I brought it home !

HWH.

Some could well of stolen the barrow which "Dave" has in his possession and left it on your patch CumBrain??
The connection between a misplaced wheel barrow and poaching beats me :-|

Last edited:
Its well known that the said poacher uses a wheelbarrow to get deer off the fell (makes sense really , got to be easier than dragging them )
Brian

Whilst feeding the pheasants on our shoot today , we were told about the rescue of an elderly couple who had got lost on the fell yesterday while out walking , and ended up calling the emergency services when it got dark . 20 odd people and an awful lot of lights . They were found safe and well at 2230 and taken back to their accomodation. Well back to today while on the quad I noticed something in a bracken , upon looking closer a BUILDERS WHEELBARROW which i think was abandoned by a startled poacher, with all the rescue commotion ( we know who he is , he owns a paddock near our land ) , so if he is looking on here ( which I dont think he is ) Dave has your wheelbarrow and you can call in for it if you so wish :scared:

Cumbrian,
I had a similar situation while running a saw mill years ago, after checking the cctv each morning of the previous night there was a man seen (for a week) wheelbarrowing saw dust out through a gap in the fence . I was'nt too worried about a little waste being taken at first but then decided to hang about on the 7th day to catch him. When he turned up as expected I asked him what he was up to......turns out he was stealing wheelbarrows ! Boom Boom, Ha Ha !

"Jus like tha"

Ade

Its well known that the said poacher uses a wheelbarrow to get deer off the fell (makes sense really , got to be easier than dragging them )
Brian

Not off my fell !
HWH.

VariousKirkstoneReds1stJan09213-1.jpg

HWH.

brian does said poacher have a buisness selling game in your area or am i off the mark when i was working on the estate next door we had trouble with a local poaching pheasants just by your ground but i believe they have moved house now

No mate , this guy does a bit of stonewalling and a bit of building I think , so no wheelbarrow for his job Monday morning
Brian

Back