Thread: Western canada

Western canada

Does anyone have any first hand experience with outfitters operating in Albert or BC? I may be interested in putting a small trip together there for a few friends in 2011 / 2012. We have no interest in hunting bears, wolves, coyotes or cats of any description but would be very interested in elk, other deer species, big horn sheep etc.

Ideally the hunting would be in conjunction with some salmon fishing. If anyone has had first hand experience of such an outfit I'd be very grateful for a PM.

Thanks in advance.

I can ask my buddy for you as he has a house build planned in Atlin, northern BC and his neighbor from Bavaria has lived in BC working as an outfitter for the last 30 years.

I use to work in northern BC for a hunting oufit, I will PM you some info.

Martin - Yes please, I'd appreciate any info you can supply.

Swede - Thanks for the PM.

Just got back from Newfoundland - can't speak for the Western side but Newfie and the East Coast was amazing! Took Moose and Woodland Caribou, black Bear was also an option....

Thanks for the reply. We've been offered bear hunting in eastern canada along with pike fishing. The package price is good, but everyone wants deer and salmon... (Hardly anyone is interested in shooting baited bears from high seat type situations) And the western rockies are pretty spectacular. I'll keep looking.

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    I work with couple of guys from BC one on Vancouver Island and the other from Prince Rupert (who hunts) when I get back to work I'll ask them if they know anyone reputable.

I cant recomend an outfitter as I never used 1 !
    but i can recomend areas that are good for the specific animals you want to hunt and then you could find a outfitter that has a consesion in that region.
    I would recommend the kooteney region for good elk and deer with very good bighorn sheep numbers.
    I would recomend the peace region for good elk hunting and deer with very good stone sheep hunting(thinhorn)
    vancouver island has some excellant rosavelt elk hunting but no sheep.
    the skeena region has some great thinhorn sheep hunting both dall and stone and the best mountain goat hunting in north america but not the best area for elk.
    good luck dan