The SD week

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Just to let you know that they are all here safe and sound, everyone arriving together late Sunday afternoon - early evening. They would have been earlier but they had to wait for Simon and Selena but we will speak of that no more;).

Monday morning heralded a nice day a little breezy but warm and nice. After a session on the range where everyone proved they could make the bullets travel in the same direction they were facing it was time for a cuppa and decide on the rest of the day.

It was decided who would go with whom and where for the evening and then a bit of a rest before the evening do. Come the evening the breeze had been promoted to blowing a hooly which eventually turned into watery stair rods, so it is no surprise that no one connected.

Mind you I forgot to mention that Wadas was not present for the range test as he was off up heartbreak ridge with Alex, he was apparently chasing deer off of the estate having fired in their general direction earlier on to start them running and then followed on foot to make sure there were no stragglers :D. So the blank evening was not a surprise really.

Time will tell and maybe a few photo's.

John

Tuesday morning and again folk were out stalking, Frank, Centralbeltstalker got himself a Sika stag and that was the tally for the morning. We won't talk about the one that Alex missed :D. Other than that there was a lot of walking but not much seen, the overnight wind having swept the hills clean.

I have had no report about last evening yet.

John

Yes i here Frank shot a massive 8 pointer and it took him most of the day to drag it in or was he just refusing to come out till he had his moneys worth. Well donr Frank

Tuesday morning and again folk were out stalking, Frank, Centralbeltstalker got himself a Sika stag and that was the tally for the morning. We won't talk about the one that Alex missed :D. Other than that there was a lot of walking but not much seen, the overnight wind having swept the hills clean.

I have had no report about last evening yet.

John

When do we see pictures of Franks stag? :)

Yes i here Frank shot a massive 8 pointer and it took him most of the day to drag it in or was he just refusing to come out till he had his moneys worth. Well donr Frank

Sika stag ,mmmmmm I've seen the pic's I had't realised that the muntjac population had reached Scotland never mind Inverness shire ,they say the camera never lie's.

:rofl:@Bob There should be a few hit today as its a blue sky day and one of them nice to alive days.

I have not seen Franks stag so I could not possibly comment.

Three more this morning, one nice 6 point stag larder weight 113 lbs and a couple of poor specimen red hinds out of the Caledonian forest. The stag was the first Sika for Dave Spensley, a nice animal for his first. Plenty seen but all hinds, more this evening hopefully.

John

They are starting to come a bit quicker now, Mike got an eight pointer, Simon got a six pointer, Selena got an eight pointer and Frank has just texted me that he has a nobber stag, looking good.

Forsite1.jpg

There are a few heads missing, Terry has gone home and taken a couple with him, and Robin cut the antlers off for a dog to have, and I am sure there are others, the youngsters will remember I'm sure:old:

John

They are starting to come a bit quicker now, Mike got an eight pointer, Simon got a six pointer, Selena got an eight pointer and Frank has just texted me that he has a nobber stag, looking good.

Forsite1.jpg

There are a few heads missing, Terry has gone home and taken a couple with him, and Robin cut the antlers off for a dog to have, and I am sure there are others, the youngsters will remember I'm sure:old:

John

Add these aswell and its not going too bad..;)

Bobby the American client and his wife Martha

My Sika

My other Sika

Robins and Bobby's Sika

Bobby's Red
Bobby's Sika

And heres to a good few more..;)

Terry

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great time despite having to cut it short Terry, spoke with Jayb yesterday hope you are feeling better, good to see a few more beasts down this time really missed not seeing you all this time round hopefully catch up at some point in the not to distant future.. :D

To all of you luck enough to have got onto the SD week... I am suitably jealous.

All great stuff - pleased to see that it has been another success.

DC

Has this week sd week been more successful than the last nice to compare.

Yes mate, this week has been the most successful to date, with everyone scoring and in some cases having up to three deer in the larder. The only real truly tragic even of the week came this morning when Wadas was out of Tea bags :eek:, but he managed to get some from the other cottage.

Everybody should be home by the end of the weekend, so look out for all the lies, I mean stories, next week

John

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Wadas out of teabags ... omg I would have paid good money to have seen that... can imagine the horror on his face at the sudden onset of tea withdral ...lol

Glad everyone had a great week, as Andy said regardless of the bag it is gods own country but when it is couples up with the results they had this time you get memories to take with you into your doltage..

or so JayB tells me :old: lol :D

Sika stag ,mmmmmm I've seen the pic's I had't realised that the muntjac population had reached Scotland never mind Inverness shire ,they say the camera never lie's.

Oh dont worry Bob, the final tally was 20 deer in 11 days. 16 sika stags, not bad and Frank took a nice 6 pointer on the last morning I was there, and in total Frank took 3 stags in 5 days. Not too bad really :D and the muntjac one was his first and didnt cost him anything :D

ATB

Sikamalc

Just a thankyou to all those that came on the week. In particular to Wadashot, Tikka 308, Robin and Pheasant Sniper who helped over the 2 weeks I had clients and the SD members. Not forgetting the man on the spot JAYB and his wife for THE CAKE!!

Also thank you to the 6 members including Alex (csl) who came up for the SD week for their kind words. Everyone came away with deer, some took 3 over the 6 days, for many it was their first Sika stag, and stalking them in the rut. All the best to you all from myself and Todd.

Sikamalc

Back