Raising money for the Armed Forces.

purdeydog

Hello everyone

On March the 25th-27th 2011 I'm taking part in the Jurassic Coast Challenge. It involves running three marathons over three days, one per day. The route is from Studland bay to Lyme Regis on the South coast. It's mostly all of road with 10000ft of elevation along the way!

Races & Camps

I'm trying to raise £1000 for Help for Heroes and another £1000 for the Household Cavalry (HCR) Operational casualties fund, both registered charities. The HCR has suffered many loses and many soldiers have been injured with life changing injuries over the last few years and will need financial support for many years to come, as will many UK service people. I use to be a member of the Household Cavalry hence why I'm fund raising.

Help for Heroes needs no introduction. Its fantastic charity which has given out over £56 million in recent years and raised £65 Million to support soldiers and families of killed and wounded people from the UK armed forces.

Should you wish to donate please visit my justgiving website. It's honestly really easy to make a donation, click on the link and then click donate button, it takes seconds to do!!

John Eastick is fundraising for The Household Cavalry Central Charitable Fund for the HCR
John Eastick is fundraising for Help for Heroes for Help for Heroes

The Stalking Directory has very kindly allowed me to post this post, but I must stress this is in no way connected to the Stalking Directory website or team, but it's a great way to reach many people.

Any donation would be gratefully received. Any questions please feel free to contact me.

Many thank's,

John Eastick.

Last edited:
Nice one John!
I've just stuck a tenner in each to start you off. Ten from me and ten from a shooting friend.
Good Luck!:thumb:
MS:)

I've just noticed that it has come up with 'Donation by Monkey Spanker' on your page which could be misconstrued!:oops:
Oops!:lol:

Last edited:
Go for it John! Donation duly made.

Let me know if you need a support party / stretcher bearer at the end!

I did the South Downs Trailwalker speed march (100km) a few years ago in aid of the Gurkha Welfare Trust. I lost 4 toenails and realised I'm not a young man anymore.

I'm sure you'll find it a walk in the park ;)

Best Wishes

Last edited:
Good for you John, one of the few charities that I'll happily donate to. I don't mind a 400miler on my bike, but I'll leave the running to you youngsters:D
Cheers, Pete.

Many thanks downwind. It will be much appreciated! 400m sounds pretty harsh!
Ahhh crossed wires maybe, my bike has a 1500cc engine and no pedals. We did the Wooton Bassett run in March and enjoyed every minute, did 400 mile round trip for the weekend:D:D Loads of money raised for H4H.
Cheers, Pete.

:tiphat: Good luck John.. A great effort for a great cause..

Best of luck and heres to finishing with all toenails where they should be and not in your socks..

Terry

being an ex member of the household division i wish you all the best,and remember when the going gets tuff...."DIG THOSE HEELS IN"

GOOD LUCK MATE

An update for those who had kindly donated. The training is going well. It was hard over the christmas period, what with all the cold weather, beating days and work, motivation was slightly lacking. However that was a minor blip on the training program and all is going well so far. Not long now till the main event so just need to keep focused!

If anyone should wish to donate please see details at start of thread, it would be greatly received.

Many thanks John

Good luck mate, as a fellow runner I can thoroughly appreciate how hard this will be. I only compete in 1/2 marathons and 10k's so this is well out of my comfort range. £10 on its way!

Tom

John , thats awesome , well done and good luck for doing this !!!! :D:D:thumb::thumb:

Will donate 2moz when i get paid , PROMISE , being a Iraq Vet and Ex Infantry
its a very , very worth while cause for OUR BOYS & LASSES .

Cheers !!

Many thanks Limulus, thats great! Toe nails will be clipped and I will be dosed up on a mixture of Voltatol and Ibuprofen lol

I've just noticed that it has come up with 'Donation by Monkey Spanker' on your page which could be misconstrued!:oops:

Misconstrued? Not really, as most folk will think that Monkey Spanking is simply part of the progression to being a full blown Donkey Wallopper.

Good luck - being on your feet for a few days will make a change from tracks, or was it hooves? :lol:

Hi John , £10.00 donated , sorry for delay , i was away on a course , the joys . GOOD LUCK WITH THE EVENT .

JOCK

Back