Thread: Minox BF

Minox BF

To cut a long story short i ran over my minox BV binoculars the other day and now it seems that the right hand side does not want to focus.

Apart from a slightly bent focus knob they stood up to the pickup very well but obviously arent much use with only one side working!

I really like them and have seen a pair of Minox BF on the internet for a good price and was wondering if anyone knows, are these simply the BV but in Black?

ps Does anyone also know if house insurance might cover this mishap, might mean i dont have to buy a new pair myself?

Dan, my dog chewed my brand new electronic ear defenders to bits when she was a pup and the household insurance paid up on that. It will put up your premiums though. I don't know about the difference of Minox binos, apart from that the Porro prism ones they used to make, with a better light transferance than their best roof prisms, are now out of production. Some old stock is being sold off for £199.00 ;

There are some on ebay for less but they come from the states which might void the 30 year guarantee.

Edit, i asked minox why they ceased production and they told me people would rather buy inferior roof prism bino's than "old fashioned" porro prisms! Go figure?
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I have been told by 2 seperate binocular vendors that the BF refers to the black outer, and that the innards are the same as the BV. I hope this is helpful.

I'm afraid I can't help with the insurance question.

same binos different colour.put minnox binos in ebay and you should be able to get some for about£140