Country Covers

SussexFallow

Have been looking for a new coat for the winter months. So I opted for a country covers stalking smock. The new coat arrived only for me to find some stiching loose. A quick phone call and a day later the replacement arrived no questions asked!!
A multitude of pockets and a very light but warm material I must say im very impressed and that is not an easy task.
So a happy customer and dont think I will go for anything else again

ATB Steve:D

I have been considering their Stalking Smock as well. I know it is not waterproof, but how water resistant have you found it?

(I have the Country Covers Rain Shell which is pretty waterproof, although can be a bit hot, which I know is the normal trade-off.)

First outing for it this afternoon. A friend has had one for a while and says its showerproof.

atb steve

I got one of their waterproof field smocks in spring and have worn it quite a bit over the summer and autumn. Its done really well and is very waterproof.

I was a bit reluctant to try Country Covers stuff at first because its not cheap and I didn't know many people who used it and rated it. I'm glad I've given it a go and from what I've seen so far I think its pretty good.

I rate their stuff very highly. My jacket is the waterproof field smock (I think), had it nearly two years and wear it pretty much all the time when the weather requires it. It has been washed many times. I have the trousers too. No problems so far. I know a lad that has had the same jacket but in camo for over ten years and hes still very happy with it. Good company to deal with too. Only thing I would say is they are very busy in the summer due to all the shows they do so if you want to ring Hugh, the boss, for a long chat about what shade of green his left sock is then its probably best done in the winter! As for prices, I think they are very reasonable compared to Hakila etc. JC

Hello,
If that waterproof field smock does what it syas , keeping you dry as bone , it must be great. The price is ver good if compared to other brands of quality stuff.
Is this smock just a waterproof top layer? A smock in which it's still possible to move?
Silent enough for stalking? Not to bulky to wear over a montane extreme smock or over a Hoggs stalker or ghillie fleece? That's the way I am thinking. If it's warm and rainy only a T shirt + shirt + waterproof smock. If it's cold adding a jumper and/or a good windproof fleece like the ones made by Hoggs.

Mine had its first outing friday evening. I cant figure out how it keeps me cool in 20c then warm late evening while sniping rabbits!! I suppose thats what you pay the money for. Might buy a size smaller next time though as its fairly generous even for a big lump like me;)
ATB Steve

Mine had its first outing friday evening. I cant figure out how it keeps me cool in 20c then warm late evening while sniping rabbits!! I suppose thats what you pay the money for. Might buy a size smaller next time though as its fairly generous even for a big lump like me;)
ATB Steve

Sizing of the Country covers stuff does seem a bit vague, not a problem if you are buying at a show as you can try it on. The material is a little stiff and possibly noisy at first but is fine after a wash or two. JC

Back