Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo clothing systems

Thumbs up Buffalo clothing systems

Thought I'd post a link to what has become one of the most versatile bits of my outdoor wardrobe. Might be of some interest to folks for winter use.

I was recommended mine by a mountaineer who swore by them.

Thick pile lining with a pertex shell, really warm, excellent wicking, light and fast drying.
    Mines been used for everything from highish altitude mountain walking to camping and general loafing around. It's 3 years old and still going strong.
    Can be used next to skin although I use mine over a helly so it doesn't need washing as often. They would be excellent for highseat use andf I find mine great under a DPM jacket when laid up sniping rabbits.

Top quality british kit

Been using this gear for nearly 20 years now, can only say good things about it

Buffalo special six shirt...good on its own to well below freezing, great kit!

The Montane version is a cracking piece of kit too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    Definitely agree there! I've had mine for years and it's still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frax View Post
    The jacket of choice for fell runners, great kit, the wife has a Down jacket for on the hill no complaints.

+ 1 to all comments , I've used the Special 6 shirt and the zip jacket for more than 12 years. excellent Kit.

Here's another company that sells the same type of kit

Frax, Thar,
    Are these Montane extreme smocks or jackets waterproof and silent enough for use on the hill? A English friend, gamekeeper, uses these smocks to do his job. He is a lot on a quadbike( feeding pheasants , etc....) and tells me it's great for this. Offcourse this is not a complete day on the hill. By seeing Buffalo's logo I think he also has a Buffalo smock.
    I've seen it when I was there and it looks comfortable and just the right lenght.
    What would you think of using a country covers lightweight waterproof field smock over it as a top layer for heavy prolonged rain? Or would it get to bulky?

They are not waterproof as they just have a pertex shell but they are quiet. They are designed to be a base/mid layer like a fleece so you just add the outer of your choice for waterproofing, thornproofing etc. Very comfy, very light and very warm