Questions for the Basc AGM

griff

I will be asking some questions of my own at the AGM, if anyone who cannot attend would like a question to be put to the chairman, then I would only be to glad to.

I shall also after reading some of the posts on this site be putting to the chair how dissilusioned some members are,and point out how valuable members are to a membership organisation and would he be prepared to respond online to some of the concerns that have been voiced here.
I shall also be asking the same question on accuratereloading.com

regards
griff

Can you please ask this Griff.

Question 1:

Many of the ordinary BASC members are only members because of the comprehensive insurance package that the membership of BASC offers. Many members feel that BASC is elitist and cliquey and has no real interest in the ordinary working man that make up the bulk of the membership.

Pictures showing Champagne drinking toffs in the magazine and on the website do not reflect how we want our membership fees spent. With members more than ever feeling the burden both financially and with new legislation imposed by this government, we look to BASC for leadership in the increasing battle to protect our countryside, our life styles and our freedom to hunt.

With this in mind how do you intend to win over disaffected members and reassure them that you are fighting for their cause and are fighting it on all levels and not just for the benefit of the higher echelon?

Question 2

What does BASC intend to do to bring to the attention of the public the disgraceful treatment of deer by the various anti-hunt owned deer sanctuaries? Too long they have operated with impunity. Is it now the time to grasp the nettle and to expose these sanctuaries for what they really are?

Mr B beat me to the punch with his question 2, so make that =1 please, how these things gone almost unremarked upon completely baffles me.

John

Why do we always take the punches and not fight back ?

We are always told not to rock the boat, but where is it getting shooting by not doing any thing ?

Tail docking
New laws for traps/snares
Antis using H&S laws to disrupt shoots
Pistol bans

But wait we have just got a break if you are shooting deer and a fox comes out you can now shoot it Wow weeee !

Griff, Two questions.
I have heard of people not renewing their Subs. and there doesn't seem to be any contact from BASC asking why. Should the membership department not be contacting people leaving to find reasons and use this information to improve the situation.

After every Game Fair we are told how many new members have joined but never hear of the numbers that leave over a year. Could this be minuited in the AGM.

Hi Griff, just take a few minutes to look at another site when you`ve got time please.
There is a letter on this site from a guy with the pen name "fortune", he is either my twin, with the same brain waves, or he is a mind reader and he`s read my mind, or he`s sleeping with my wife, because everything he states in his letter, I have already voiced, experienced or thought!.
There are too many decent, experienced and knowledgeable men feel the same as this guy (and me!). It is much too high a percentage for us to be
totally wrong.
And anyway we cannot all be related? and my wife isn`t that fit!. :(
I have been in contact with "fortune" and have received his written confirmation for this document to be openly viewed and repeated to BASC hierarchy.
Site name- pigeonwatchforums.co.uk click on General Banter, then find-
"shooting insurance, Who Do You Use" page 2 "fortune"
Thank you, Tony M.

Tony,
just read the thread from "fortune" unfortunately this is not an isolated member just venting his anger.

SAD!

regards
griff

Hello Griff,
I'm glad you're willing & able to "nail your colours to the mast" with the BASC. The post by fortune on the pigeon forum seems pretty much to sum up what I as a member of the BASC feel about them. Hope you get them to sit up & take a bit of notice.
Thanks for your efforts.

Simon.

Griff,

Look forward to meeting you at the AGM, maybe we can have a chat- I take all these comments very seriously believe me.

You cant miss me- I'm bald as a coot!

Also, now I am on the forum I am happy to try any answer any questions from members about the service we offer etc, of course if members don't want to use the forum they could always contact me direct at BASC.

david.ilsley@basc.org.uk or 01244 573021 (direct line)

Best wishes

David

Yes I will be at the CLA, I organise the BASC stands for this event - takes up most of my June & July! I would be very happy for any member of this forum to come and say Hi and have a chat.

welcome aboard david
mr B emailed a list of questions and complaints ( taken from members of this site) to our midlands branch approximately 1 week ago today, for me ,as my email was down at the time, so far no reply or even an aknowledgement of recieving the said email, i shall give him another week then start chasing it up
in the meantime would it also be possible to email the same draft to yourself ?
, may be we may be able to get a quicker response
yours kindly
stone

Hi Stone,

Not sure why you have not had a reply - but please send the e-mail to me and I will deal with it as quickly as possible.

I will also chase Steve in the BASC Midland Office to make sure it got through.

my e-mail is david.ilsley@basc.org.uk

David

thank you david for your response , i shall get my secretary right on it
mrB can you please send the apropiate files to david , once you hav finished filing your nails :lol:

Nothing come through to me yet- but Steve in our Midland office has found the original e-mail - There are several issues on the e-mail and you should get a reply from Steve any time now.

David

stone said:
thank you david for your response , i shall get my secretary right on it
mrB can you please send the apropiate files to david , once you hav finished filing your nails :lol:

It`s probably gone in the to do pile, or even shredded, as your secretary isn`t the sharpest tool in the box i`m affraid :lol:

wadas my friend
to save you any abuse from the big one, he has assured me the email has been sent
mind you he did complain about the chipped nail he got when pressing the send key :lol:
we both may be in trouble now, tho

I'm a member and able to travel to Stirling.

I'm none too happy with how my subs are spent, but I'd like to see a concise list of the points intended to be raised.

Back