Thread: Which Moderator

Which Moderator

Hi all,
    I am looking at a new 243 (Howa 1500 ) and not having a mod on my old gun , can anyone suggest one for the Howa
    Thanks Brian

All the ASE mods are good (compact, S5 and northstar) and the Compact is totally bombproof in its build. I see that Brugger and Thomet mods are now hitting the civilian market and previous experiences can recommend these with great confidence they are however, still expensive by comparison.

Cumbrian, having got a couple of T8's ( which are very good, both bought as part of a package, but very heavy) I would suggest looking at one of the lightweight modular moderators. Jager, Roedale and A-tec are all very similar in design, the Roedale is interesting as its baffles were university designed to give the best noise reduction.

Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

i would have the compact from ase also. i have two of there cqb mods on the 22cf rifles. and there superb and very well built.
    the 3rd eye tactical range of mods will be worth a look also. i know a couple of people that have them and there superb so they say.
    Last edited by jay 22; 10-10-2010 at 11:25.

ASE get my money every time.

i have a wildcat on my 243 howa , its a bit heavy mind u but it does the job , hope u get on well with your howa , mine shoots like a dream . can get 3 shots in a 1/2 in group at 100 m