rabbit

sauer

ok i know its in the "venison receipe" section but its cooking all the same so hope no one minds me putting it here.

i beleive rabbit shooting ie. lamoing with a .22lr is one of the most underated bit of sport one can get....i love it....
saying that...how many of you do rabbit control but just leave a load of rabbits on the hill for the buzz bombs or charlie to get???

i was brought up shooting wise never to waste summit unless its vermin or just dont just shoot summit for the sake of shooting use it!!

ok if large numbers you cant eat em all!!! but we put em into the gasme dealer, and keep enough for ourselves, it doesnt pay for the sport i dont expect it too but at least its something back towards ammo, fuel whatever and you know your quarry not "wasted"

heres what i do with mine if i keep em

skin and butcher....only bother keeping the saddle from where lower rib meets the spine and back legs...front is too much hassle with amount of bones for what you retrieve.

soak over night in cold salty water(removes the "taint" that soem folks dont like)
then boil or simer for 2 hrs ( my brother does his in his burco)
untill meat falls off the bone

then strain ( keep the fluid/juice if you have dogs you can soak dry complete dog meal in it give them a bit o flavour)

take all the meat and removethe grislte n crap put into an empty ice cream tub and cover with just enough olive oil till everything just coated....you can throw in whatever dried herbs salt pepper , finely diced garlic or whatever you want.....

it will then keep in the fridge for a good fortnight!!!

been working ...tired just throw some into awok with an uncle bens stir in sauce boil in the bag rice or the like 10 mins done!

or throw in tin o chooped tomatoes and boils ome spaghetti 10 mins done!!!

its tender and serioulsy moist and some cant tell and assume its chicken

i nicked the idea form "sporting shooter magazines chef mark gilchrist" plenty of his vids on youtube

fast food!!!
and i think its underated and better than leaving em lying on the hill

sauer

Last edited:
ok i know its in the "venison receipe" section but its cooking all the same so hope no one minds me putting it here.

i beleive rabbit shooting ie. lamoing with a .22lr is one of the most underated bit of sport one can get....i love it....
saying that...how many of you do rabbit control but just leave a load of rabbits on the hill for the buzz bombs or charlie to get???

i was brought up shooting wise never to waste summit unless its vermin or just dont just shoot summit for the sake of shooting use it!!

ok if large numbers you cant eat em all!!! but we put em into the gasme dealer, and keep enough for ourselves, it doesnt pay for the sport i dont expect it too but at least its something back towards ammo, fuel whatever and you know your quarry not "wasted"

heres what i do with mine if i keep em

skin and butcher....only bother keeping the saddle from where lower rib meets the spine and back legs...front is too much hassle with amount of bones for what you retrieve.

soak over night in cold salty water(removes the "taint" that soem folks dont like)
then boil or simer for 2 hrs ( my brother does his in his burco)
untill meat falls off the bone

then strain ( keep the fluid/juice if you have dogs you can soak dry complete dog meal in it give them a bit o flavour)

take all the meat and removethe grislte n crap put into an empty ice cream tub and cover with just enough olive oil till everything just coated....you can throw in whatever dried herbs salt pepper , finely diced garlic or whatever you want.....

it will then keep in the fridge for a good fortnight!!!

been working ...tired just throw some into awok with an uncle bens stir in sauce boil in the bag rice or the like 10 mins done!

or throw in tin o chooped tomatoes and boils ome spaghetti 10 mins done!!!

its tender and serioulsy moist and some cant tell and assume its chicken

i nicked the idea form "sporting shooter magazines chef mark gilchrist" plenty of his vids on youtube

fast food!!!
and i think its underated and better than leaving em lying on the hill

sauer
Or casserole in tomato soup (decent brand) in the slow cooker using fresh vegetables.

Add some parsley to the dumplings.
basil.

quite salty.
give a bowl of water a good old pour from a Saxo salt tub. (big nozzle, probably two tbsp)

sounds like a good idea this one, shame to chuck the legs, the make perfect chicken wing replacements for the barbeque. cover them in whatever sauce you like and slap on teh bbq or under the grill.

Back