Swaro scope going for repairs

finnbear270

As I always take great care of my optical kit, I was perturbed to see something that I thought really shouldn't be where it was, the objective on my two year old foxing scope (Habicht A 4-12x50 ), looked like I had missed the usual cleaning session, there is always a little rain mark or straw dust present after a busy night............. but this stuff was refusing to budge?....... another look through the scope & everything appeared normal!, bugger, it's still there!....... it looked just like a very fine lime or calcium deposit, with the appearance of draining downwards from the top edge of the lens, similar to that found on glass shower doors!. So the phone will be hot monday morning, will post how things are dealt with.:rolleyes:

I had a problem with the lens coatings, of my 7x42 SLC's. Sent them back to Swarovski for repair - repaired (under warranty) and returned in just over 4 weeks. 1st class service.

Informed today by Debbie's stand in (she's snowed in), scope will arrive back with them this Monday coming, I opted to have the reticle changed while it was away, to a tds 4, @ cost of £139.29p
Image2.gif

Another phone call today, confirming their receipt of b.a.c.s. payment, & assurance the scope will come straight to me as soon as they see it.

Some really bad news, followed in the same breath by some excellent news.......... I decided to phone Debbie at Swaro's today, to ask how progress was on the return of my Habicht, along with it's new reticle, well due to an out of hours visit by some scrote, certain items were no longer heading my way, I was straight away mollified by the statement that I was to receive a Z3, 4-12x50 fitted BR reticle, in replacement, as Habicht A's are no longer in the lineup.......... along with the return of my £139.28p cost of reticle change. So I hope a list of serial numbers can be obtained of the missing items, so the scrote has to sell off abroad.

every cloud and all that then mate... sounds almost like you could have master minded the whole thing to get a gucci upgrade ;)

Very large box just arrived in a saloon car, brand new Z3 contained within, along with a letter of regret over the original equipment being lost,........... a nice cup of tea then laser bore sighting after fitment.:cool:

hey can you get out of one of the bmw z3's. At your age its easy to get in lol

Last edited:
Back