Thread: sabati

what do you lot think of a sabatti in 6.5x55
    Last edited by pendle; 12-10-2010 at 08:57.

mate has one in .308. Had it bedded trigger adjusted if he does his Job shoot through a eye in a needle, but he had a problem with the Firing pin/spring an no-body could sorce these so a local Rifle smith sorted it

I have just bought one from John Carr from Thorne nr Doncaster.It is an ex estate rifle off jan andrews Its got a camo stock looks like a hydrographic's a proper job with a 23'' barrel.
    We travelled up from N Wales late yesterday afternoon after speaking to him on the phone he told me what 6.5x55 he had. He does late opening 6.30 till 9.00 mon weds fri 10.00 till 5.00 sat.Nothing was any trouble to him I wanted a short barrel,screw cut. He cut it to 20'' threaded it and re-crowned it and then drilled out my sound mod to take the 6.5x55 round and bore sited my scope. We left about 10.30 pm for home ,We called off to see potman off this site on the way home he was on nights and he saw how tidy it was. Ok its was cheap its a sabbati its for a job i have got to do with out having to spend 800.00 plus on a rifle.
    John Carr is a topman machines his own actions for himself and other rifle makers it was well worth travelling for the service we got last night. even though the motorway was shut on the way home and the pratt nav played up