7mm08 M595

bk

Do these exist or are they like rocking horse ****?

Im doing a mental exercise as to my next ideal gun and this springs to mind

They do exist

I've seen a couple for sale on guntrader over the past few years, one was in Chris potter's, and the other was left handed at an RFD in The South Lake District, so yeah they are out there, it's just a case of waiting for the right one to surface.

My Tikka M55 is in 7-08, but as a helpful site member pointed out, the rifle wasn't originally chambered for that round, so mine's been re-barreled from .243. (Thanks for clarifying that Zee) :thumb:

At risk of expressing an opinion contrary to everything I read on this site, I will say that the Tikka 595 deluxe I had in 7-08 was spiteful to shoot. I don't view myself as recoil sensitive, but with factory ammunition, mine kicked like a horse!
The RFD who got the last two 595's from GMK (so he told me)- my 7-08 and a Continental in the same calibre- kept the Continental for a while and sold it as he also hated the recoil from it. He now uses a 25-06 Sako, with no such problem.
That said, at least I can confirm that 595's in 7mm-08 really do exist.

The RFD who got the last two 595's from GMK (so he told me)- my 7-08 and a Continental in the same calibre-

20-250 I think the RFD may have been telling you the truth there, I was offered the last Tikka 595 in the country when the T3s were replacing them and was told by the rep’ that it was a 7-08, I declined it as I wanted a S/S rifle.

ATB

Tahr

At risk of expressing an opinion contrary to everything I read on this site, I will say that the Tikka 595 deluxe I had in 7-08 was spiteful to shoot. I don't view myself as recoil sensitive, but with factory ammunition, mine kicked like a horse!
The RFD who got the last two 595's from GMK (so he told me)- my 7-08 and a Continental in the same calibre- kept the Continental for a while and sold it as he also hated the recoil from it. He now uses a 25-06 Sako, with no such problem.

Hmmmm my Sako75 Finnlite rebarrelled in 7-08 , 22" barrel , is not a pussy cat, but it is sweet enough to shoot with 140 gn Accubonds or NBT, FWIW I'd have thought a Tikka 595 to be very similar.

Not to mention that the 7-08 drops everything DRT! including Pigs.

Just my 2ppence worth

Best

P

Back