Thread: Two Buff's one truck

Two Buff's one truck

Yes and you can get two in the back of a Toyota as well

Why do things in the back of your truck end up with their legs in the air

They would fill up the corner of the freezer nicely

That looks just like my old Landy. I don't know about 'Buffs' but I've had the occasional moose in the back!

You want to try dragging one Still if I was out there now I could take Todd with me, doubt if he could hold one down though, might take a bigger a Hanovarian oops hint of sarcasim creeping in there

There's a trick to loading Buffalo and if you do it right, it's real easy and reasonably fast. Cut the animal in two with the cut going in a suitable line so as not to affect the cape etc. Then pull the two pieces apart and lose the bits you don't want. - The vultures will clear those parts up as soon as you leave. - Then pull one half out of the way and then stand the other half up on it's cut end. - Back the truck up to it, and just tip it forward onto the truck and slide it on. If you can dig a bit of a dip for the rear wheels beforehand, so much the better, but it's not really needed. - Doing it this way, the job can be done with just two guys if necessary.

You can also do the same sort of thing with the head of an Elephant as well, but the trick is to turn it around and dig the tusks into the ground and then lean it onto the truck and then pick up the tusks ilke the handles of a wheelbarrow and push forward.

Piece of cake!

There is def a knack to loading the bigger animals onto a Land Rover/Cruiser.
    P.H ad I loaded a Buff and an Eland on seperate occasions on our own, and it wasn`t that much of an ordeal.
    First we "stood" the animal up onto its head/shoulders, backed the truck up against it, with the buff we had a winch over the cab, which made life easier,but with the Eland we just had a rope attached to the bumper and a "dolly" knot in it.(Thats the truck driver coming out in me)
    As the tension is taken on the rope, we had a fencing stake under the beast and we lifted gently to ease it up over the tailboard,both times didn`t take us long at all.
    The worse scenario is when your on your own, the animals covered in blood (I`m a messy grallocher) it`s p`ing down with rain and your struggling to get a 200/300lbs pig in the back of a Range Rover, I used the same principle, stand up on end, tie a rope to back seats lift and pull at the same time.
    If all else fails you can go back to the old Forest of Dean principle....Brute force and ignorance and just chuck it in !!