nosler partition loads

smudge262

hi all
just picked up some 100 grain nosler partition heads today for my 243. i normally use 87grain vmax with n160 or varget but i am in need of something a little bit heavier ! has anyone got any pet loads for these powders and bullet combinations
cheers smudge

I use these with 41grn of N160 and CCI large rifle primers and they are pretty good out of my Sako finnlights whip like 20" barrel - usual caveats on homeloading and safety apply

Hope that helps.

cheers fabnosh
that was the kind of figures i was thinking ! it just like any new load you look at the loading manuals and they all contadict each other ! so you never no where to start ! mines a sako 75

Hi Smudge,
I dont use your powder, I use 38.6gns of H4350 which some way below max, This is to feed a Sako 75,

The one thing I found all componants make a difference,primers,case type,oal etc, the most improvement thing i found was to ensure the cases are trimmed to exactly the same length and from of the same batch and make

good luck

smithy

smithy

was talking to a stalkier mate tonight that thinks noslar partitions are a bad idea for 243 as they do not expand as much as you think due to lack of velocity !! any comments on this ??

Unlikely at normal ranges, partitions are perhaps famous for having a reasonably frangible front core, with the rear and jacket holding together nd penetrating.

At least, this was my experience in the 30.06.

I would go so far as to say that the partition is the most respected of the non-bonded or monometallic big game bullets that I have come across, though my own experience is megre every experienced hunter I have spoken to rates their reliabilty.

Is there not expanded bullet pictures at various fps on the Nosler site? I know there is with the Accubond...

Looking at the Triple Shock (I know that's irrelevant), there's no way I'd feed these through my .243 at lower velocities, not much expansion...it looks..

I have used a wide variety of 243 heads for Fallow, Sika and Red and the best results have been with RWS in factory ammo and without doubt 100g partitions in reloads.

Nosler 100g over 39.5g N160 produces 2838fps out of my bulk standard Tikka T3.

Sierra 100g GK over 43.5g N160 produces 3032 from my Pierce action .243 with a very tight Match grade 24" Pac Nor.
QL gives 49952psi but only 2832fps!!!!!!! 98.4% fill and 96.01% burn rate. Ballistic efficency is quoted at 23.77%. Having used these on roe, they work very well.

Both give sub .5" groups.

With the 87 V-Max 41.7g of N160 gives 3112fps and even better accuracy in the Pierce.

All using CCI L/R primers, RWS brass seriously prepped.

Have fun and stay safe.

Spiker.

Back