Cure for Squeaky Boots

Mulac

Anybody have a cure for squeaky boots? I have been using Le Chameau Mouflon Plus boots for 2 - 3 years quite happily but they are now starting to squeak badly. I have not changed the type of dubbin I am using. The squeak is coming from the tongue rubbing against the leather uppers.

Mulac

I had the same and someone told me to bee's wax the laces, which I did.
They must have hated me, cos I've now got really waxy laces that won't tighten AND squeaky boots!:evil:
They are ok for dog walking but that's about it!
MS:(

They must have hated me, cos I've now got really waxy laces that won't tighten AND squeaky boots!:evil:
I dont seem to have that issue.

grangers dubbin I think it is I use

Make sure they are really dry and spray them with WD40, really this is what did it for me. Then you can dubbin after a couple of days.

Last edited:
Vaseline, truely it works!

I hate Le Chameau Mouflons :evil: And Le Chameau as a firm in general :evil::evil: Very poor service, on their very poorly made boots :evil:

ft

I found that throwing them in the bin helped sort out my squeaky mouflons and then buying a decent pair .

I may resort to throwing them in the bin yet but will try some of these other suggestions first. Many thanks for the tips.

Mulac

boil your laces for a couple of minutes with plenty of soap, that'll put em back in clean condition, when dry rub the last couple of inches of lace with a candle.

boil your laces for a couple of minutes with plenty of soap, that'll put em back in clean condition, when dry rub the last couple of inches of lace with a candle.

Then I'll just be back to square-one with clean laces and squeaky boots!:rolleyes:
I've tried most things but none have worked so far.

This could be a risky question, but here goes......

'Flytie', where do I stick the Vaseline?!:oops:

I can think of somewhere which might make my legs swing a bit more freely when I walk, but I can't see it stopping my boots from squeaking!!:lol:
Enlighten me please?
MS:)

Spread a good ole dollop of of dubin up the gussets of the tounge and the tounge just before you do them up, used to work on mine.

This could be a risky question, but here goes......

'Flytie', where do I stick the Vaseline?!:oops:

:rofl: Oooooh, so tempting!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Mate,
I've shoved loads of Dubin up me gusset and my boots still squeak!:(
MS:doh:

MS, In all seriousness I rubbed the vaseline in the "folds" of the boot tongue ( I am trying not to mention "gussets" really hard :lol:) and onto the laces. A mate (now sadly dead) in the forces told me its what they did. I had issues with doing this as I thought that it would ruin the leather, but the tongue of my mouflons was fine, it was over the toes where both pairs cracked :evil:

Gussets, it's just one of those double entend're words. Brilliant lad's, i havn't laughed out loud that much at something i have read in ages!!

Thanks, ft

Last edited:
The chap that runs our local pharmacy is complete mincing chutney ferret! I can't wait to pop in and ask him for some of his finest gusset & tongue lubricant!:lol:
I'll let you know how I get on, with the boots that is!

The chap that runs our local pharmacy is complete mincing chutney ferret! I can't wait to pop in and ask him for some of his finest gusset & tongue lubricant!:lol:
Yeah! make sure you take something to bite down on like an old mouflon before he gives you an in store demonstration.:eek::D

MS you maybe better not tell him it's for rubbing into your gusset :love:

Back