Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many charlies seen and shot in one night??

How many charlies seen and shot in one night??

Went lamping on a bit of new groung last year and that night seen 24 foxes in 4 hours. It was jan kina time! i have never seen so many in one night! they were comeing in no prob atol with a squeek of the hand!There was sum old ones that are wize and bit wary! It has to be the best fun i have ever had with foxes! We had 6 foxes that night and they were all cubs and they were vixens! There wasnt a shot fired that was more than 100 yards so easy shooting. That week and we were out every night and shot more than 3 a night! and we still lamp the ground now and again and there is not even one night we come home empty handed!!

Any more storys?

Me and my old man had 7 in one night about 5 miles away from you when my old man became the keeper on the estate which hadnt been managed for years.. That was a few years back now though.. Problem with North Yorkshire is the amount of poachers which make the foxes lamp shy, you dont stand a chance in getting anywhere near them!

personal best was 9 in one night,had plenty of 5 and 6 in a night

For a long time it was 2. Every time we had shot 2 and carried in something went wrong (landrover prop shaft, staked tyre, busted lamp, getting stuck) so we used to just call it a night!

But we have since had a 4 and a couple of 3's.

Most i have ever had in a night was up here in North Wales and 5 in a night

3 foxes and one moose - tenerife 1992

Best ive done is 2 in 10 mins. Im baiting and tracking time one at a farm i shoot at. Its been a couple of weeks work and when I get him that will feel as good as shooting 10 in 1 night!!! He started off visiting at 5am then 2am and latest was 1am(using clock trick) not had chance to be there that late yet but know he will be there when I do!!! Hopefully this weekend.

I stood calling one night and eventually give up crossed into the next feild to see 6 heading my way only got the one but i have heard talk here in N.I that foxes seen to be running in small groups now rather than singles has anyone heard or seen this ???

A few weeks back I spent 4 hours out in the field and didnt see a fox. I drove out of the farm yard to a well lit roundabout and one crosssed inf ront of me and sat on the opposite cerb looking at me. I even got out the car and it didnt move!!!!

Potman will bear me out on this, 33 foxes in one season on one field, one night we were surrounded!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!