New Quad Bike, need ideas

geoffrey

Morning All

I Have just treated myself to a used yamaha Grizzly Quad Bike, and i am now thinking of ways to adapt it as a shooting vehicle, i would appreciate any Ideas as to how i can kit it out, i.e. shooting rest, gun holder, etc, any photos would be helpful
Regards Geoff,

IMG00062-20101022-0750.jpg

knocked this up last night using unistrut - for foxing of course

elbows sit on hanguards, rear wrist on first bar, front hand on front bar. fitting for cluson lamp is a bit of threaded bar with tape over.

Last edited:
Smart set up there OG

First thing i would do of you have a dog is to put a board on the back rack ......... they can be devestating on a dogs leg if it gets stuck.

Short of that i would just go for some straps initially to attach carcasses etc and something to shoort off on the front for foxing etc

electrical engineer by trade, BT engineers are "semi skilled" at best.

Forgive the snub :oops: it's just that I know of an Openreach engineer who built a whole boat trailer using leftover unistrut from an exchange install! :lol:

Following thread with interest... I have the Bruin 350

BTW Brian is that a shopping trolley bolted on your quad? :D

Following thread with interest... I have the Bruin 350

BTW Brian is that a shopping trolley bolted on your quad? :D

Hello Si.
Yes it is,I like to recycle where possible. The mesh allows the rabbits to cool down more quickly.

Cool, I had my eye on one in Asda carpark earlier... did you have to put a £1 coin in?

PICT0016.jpg
This works for me. The frame takes a Lightforce blitz and is adjustable. Also holds the rifle. Rabbits etc go in the box on the back.

Nice work... how's the box held on?
U Bolts around the tubular rear deck. The box is a 'mad dog gear' one if my memory serves me right. Cost about a hundred quid and I got it from Tilton ATV in 2005.

put boards back and front with big holes to get ropes through,get proper gun rack i have the 2 gun one makes life much easy and safer

thanks all for your input its given me ideas to work on, at the moment i am adding indicators, hazards, reflector and foglights etc to register the bike for aggrecultural use, it seems that if the bike is capable of speeds up to forty mph and weighs over 255kg dry weight all the above are required. the insurance was not to bad £150 third party fire and theft any driver from NFU.
regards geoff

thanks all for your input its given me ideas to work on, at the moment i am adding indicators, hazards, reflector and foglights etc to register the bike for aggrecultural use, it seems that if the bike is capable of speeds up to forty mph and weighs over 255kg dry weight all the above are required. the insurance was not to bad £150 third party fire and theft any driver from NFU.
regards geoff
Have you actually looked into registering it for the road?

As it is a USED bike its alot more difficult, infact...its a headache.

Alot easier with a NEW bike that comes with something called a "Certificate of Newness"

Back