Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaiters

Have long been suspicious of the actualy waterproofness of my Harkila Gaiters so i am not looking for some new ones.

Had a quick look on the Blackislander site and nearly had a heart attack, 64!!!

Are the standard blackislander ones any good?

What else do people use, i need them plenty long thanks to my lanky legs so that i dont end up with a gao between my breeks and the gaiters

Had a look at the Yeti ones from berghaus, might get some if i find a second pair of boots to put them on!

Neoprene Mac Gaiters worked for me when I use em.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hi Dan and have a look at their welly gaitors i think they are about 15 a pair i have been wearing them for the last 6-7 yrs i would not wear anything else now

I wear a pair of barbour waxed ones for beating and stalking. They're waterproof and I like that I can reproof them. They do take some hammer though, so I reproof them more often than I would a coat. The straps that go underneath the boot are a bit rubbish so I've mod'ed them with cable ties. They're ok now. Not sure about length as I wear mine with trousers.

If you want noisy ones for beating, wear the N.A.T.O. issue ones!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

got 2 pairs of blackislanders they are well made have had the original pair about 8 years and still use them

I use Le Chameau Kotkor gaiters... they come up on Ebay occasionaly.

I use Kammo gaiters they ok but the lace you get to hold them under your boots can go straight in the bin.

Yeti's, cant fault them.

Unfortunately they are actually designed for a solid sole, not the flexi sole you find on most boots now.

I use a drop of Evo Stick Impact Adhesive on the rubber toe of my boot and then on the mating face of the gaitors rand.

Works a treat.

One word of advice, once you use them, peel the gaitor all the way down to "air" the boot, my lace eyelets rotted on the first pair of boots I had them on, no problems this time round. They are as good as wearing wellies.

My wife has a set on her boots for walking the dog.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

I use huntec gaiters from new zealand, have three pairs of them, first pair have had them 7 years they are a very hard wearing pair of gaiters, silent and waterproof. Would definately recomend them.

They are approx 40 pound.